ShiVaTools for 3dsMax
Table of contents
Download the installer.
Launch the installer and select the 3dsmax root folder, ex : C:\Autodesk\3dsMax_2010\.
About : display plugin version
Update Panel : refresh the plugin window to include object added after plugin launch
Create Optimized BipedInput a biped height and the plugin will create a real time oriented biped
Repair skinningIf you have troubles with character export/import, this tool will detect and repair mistakes on your object
Select your skinned object in the drop down list ( only object with the skin modifier will appear, use the Update panel option if the model is not in the list ) and click repair.
Normalize bones namerename all bones using the selected type style, useful to use the same animBank/animClips in ShiVa Editor on multiple characters
Randomize animationThis tool will add a micro variation on each key at each frame to prevent exporter optimisation, use it if your animation is not in ShiVa Editor like in 3dsMax
SummaryThis will check all the known compatibility issues,here is the list:
- *** is a skinned object.Use Reinitialize skinning option in Character objects rollout
- There is many objects in your scene you may have to attach them...
- Polygon count is important. Please verify your scene...
- *** :: Light maybe different in ShiVa Editor
- *** :: Camera maybe different in ShiVa Editor
- *** :: Is in figure mode, use only for edition => Use the Character rollout to repair
- *** is a group head,use attach poly fonction instead of
- *** :: skinned object must have pivot centered (if symmetrical)
- *** :: skinned object must have pivot on origin [0,0,0]
- *** :: vertex *** > 4 bones | *** :: x vertex are affected by more than 4 bones
- *** :: vertex *** = 0 bones | *** :: x vertex are not affected by bones
- *** :: this have a skin modifier, please delete
- *** :: There is xx sub-materials, use the material rollout to simplify
- *** :: Some SubMaterials are not Standard, you should convert
- *** :: Material is not Standard, you should convert
- *** :: There is xx mesh errors, see with STL_check
- *** :: Transformation are not frozen (Xform)
- *** :: Skin morphing is not supported
- *** :: reactor is not supported, use ShiVa Editor dynamics
- *** :: MeshSmooth increase PolyCount...
- *** :: MultiRes is not supported, Use ShiVa Editor LOD
- *** :: Physique is not supported, use Skin
- *** :: Cloth modifier is not supported, use Skinning
Do not use the repair skinning for an animation export but you can plot...
Repair optionsTo repair issues reported, do not use this tool if you have some skinned object in your scene
ResetXforms : push object rotation and scaling values onto the modifier stack and align object pivot points and bounding boxes with the World coordinate system.
Simplify multi/sub-object materialSelect an object in the dropdown list using a multi/sub-object material and click simplify to remove duplicated entry in your materials, based on colors and textures.
This tool will also re-organize the material id on the object
Quick ToolsShortcut to useful functions for lightmap computation and baking, button name is explicit.
Map Auto LoaderOnce lightmaps are computed, use this tool to auto load the lightmap in the selected material slot based on objects name, for the entire scene
Single Map LoaderLike the previous tool, load the selected map in the targeted slot on the selected object
RT Material PreparationIf you want to use the tools above, use this tool to set up your scene
Copy a map channel for the selected object, usefull if you target a complete baking.
Expert Mode : remove all tools to have a fullscreen 3d vue
Convert to poly : Only if you are not exporting a skinned object, avoid modifier conflict.