Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Game programming

Tutorials and documentation

All about the StoneScript

Tutorials and documentation

Postby daramiz » 11 Jul 2007, 01:25

Just downloaded and installed ShiVa. I must say, so far, it looks like a package with great potential.

A few questions though.

- Much of the included and on-line documentation seems to be in frech (even in the english section.) Any ETA on the rest of the documentation translations?

- Also I noticed the two included tutorials (FPS and Car) are reasonably complex projects, and the included documentation just mentions what the demos do, not how they did it. are there any step-by-step, or practical tutorials on the way any time soon?

Going to explore some more with the package, but would be great if there were a few english references to help smooth out the learning curve..

Cheers,
Brett
daramiz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Tutorials and documentation

Postby liver » 11 Jul 2007, 03:45

yeah,the engine should open for global users but not only french,your team should release the english version first.only you have done this you can get more users.
And another question:does the engine support unicode characters?or any way to render double-bytes characters?if you want to make the engine global,you should do this job.<br><br>Post edited by: liver, at: 2007/07/11 05:46
liver
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 11 Jul 2007, 11:48

We will translate all the documentation and tutorials in english as soon as possible (we'll start this week). We done this developer site in french first for simplicity, and it is really "Work In Progress"...

We will also add a section in which you will find free 3D models, AI models, and game frameworks.

Don't hesitate to use the forum to get informations, until we provide enough documentation.
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby liver » 11 Jul 2007, 11:54

Another question:does the engine support unicode characters?
or any way to render double-bytes characters?
liver
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 11 Jul 2007, 14:32

For now, text rendering uses bitmap based fonts, created in ShiVa (from your system fonts). So that means that if your problem is to display Kanji or other special characters, you will be able to do it if you have the font installed in your system. But it uses ASCII encoding.

On the other hand, there is actually no way ton enter Unicode text directly, and we will provide an advanced tool for strings localization in a future release.
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby liver » 12 Jul 2007, 00:55

whatever,i'll try the ASCii mode
liver
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby steelx » 13 Jul 2007, 04:06

What surprise, shiva looks good, but agreed with the others we need an english tutorials, for a while i'm using PLE, but when i learn it then i'm planning to buy it. I hope the english documentation has been finish soon.

sorry about my poor english.

thx.B)
steelx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Game programming