ShiVa3D

Return to Game programming

A few questions / needing advices...

All about the StoneScript

A few questions / needing advices...

Postby etXtra » 15 Jul 2012, 19:46

Hi,

Please, I have a few things to do, and I would like to know how to do:

-How to parse runtime created objects (ennemies) in a game level that has been added to the navmesh ??? randomly and using for example "navigation.setRandomTargetNode ( hObject )" is it possible ?? I've tried to do so, but didn't managed to get it working, it says that the objects don't have navigationController...

-the following function isn't well documented: "mesh.morphSubsetVertexPositions ( hMesh, nSubset, hBaseMesh, nBaseSubset, hTargetMesh, nTargetSubset, nFactor )" anyone can tell me more about it: can I morph an object into another, I guess the two objects must have the same number of vertices ...

-How can I implement a cover system in my game ?? what's the best method to get something like GTA IV, Uncharted 3, Max Payne 3 cover systems ???

Please, I just need suggestions... thanks...
:D
-regards-
etXtra
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: A few questions / needing advices...

Postby broozar » 15 Jul 2012, 20:20

1- don't understand what you want
2- there's a morphing sample that comes preinstalled. it's a fairly large chunk of code in the ST_Sample_MeshMorphing AIModel...
3- sensors for instance. your player has a sensor, walls that can be used as cover have a sensor too, now if those sensors intersect and the player presses the cover button, switch from the free state to a cover state. but i guess there are a number of ways you can implement that.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: A few questions / needing advices...

Postby etXtra » 21 Jul 2012, 09:37

Hello,

1- sorry if I didn't explained correctly: I want to populate my game level with enemies, randomly, or in "procedural" way. the object would be created during runtime and positioned only in empty spaces, not in walls or stuff, and not outside the level.

-2, ok, I will look into this sample, I thought the "mesh.morphSubsetVertexPositions ( hMesh, nSubset, hBaseMesh, nBaseSubset, hTargetMesh, nTargetSubset, nFactor )" function was more easy to use than large code... I believe its a new function from 1.9.1.0 ?? or is it old??

-3 I'm looking for an idea /concept to make a "find, and go to the nearest and more efficient cover, automatically" functionality... behind this, I guess a good algorithm would be used to make it possible, but I have no idea where to start... yeah I know that even max payne doesn't have such a feature... but I think its possible.

thanks...

- best regards -
etXtra
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Return to Game programming