Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Misc

Kiip enabled game ?

All That Remains

Kiip enabled game ?

Postby vaclav.mazany » 31 Jul 2012, 12:32

Hi All,
just wanted to ask, if anybody here has a experience with the "Kiip" ?
I'm thinking about adding support to my apps. So I'm looking for some experience, if it is even worth it ? Or, if there's similar service, maybe better ?
VM
vaclav.mazany
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Kiip enabled game ?

Postby vklymenko » 21 Aug 2012, 12:51

hi, I've implemented it in "Zombilution" game available on iOS appstore..
I don't know... so far about 159 achievements earned, 3 reward registrations. I can't say my downloads went to clouds, but it was very easy to implement this service and I don't see anything bad or wrong with this, it only helps I think : )
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vaclav.mazany » 21 Aug 2012, 13:20

Thx for the reply, the reason why I'm asking is that I'm comparing to Openfeint/Gree. If it isn't better to stick with the Gree, seems more popular.
I see you have already quite some games in your portfolio, did you implement any other similar services to other of your games, that you could compare ? Pros/Cons
vaclav.mazany
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Aug 2012, 13:34

Thx for the reply, the reason why I'm asking is that I'm comparing to Openfeint/Gree. If it isn't better to stick with the Gree, seems more popular.
I see you have already quite some games in your portfolio, did you implement any other similar services to other of your games, that you could compare ? Pros/Cons

Yes, I tried tons of such different services.. Im not sure any of them help "much", sure its a good thing to have as more of them (just do not annoy player and avoid long app loading). I can't list them all, its a long list, starting from Heyzap, TapForTap, Chartboost etc, but I figured out the best way to get more downloads is "facebook" and "twitter" share features - you need to put it everywhere - on main page, on level complete, on highscore earned - and sure give rewards for player when he is doing the share. But anything I have "inside game" or on game-description page - it doesn't work.. player takes a look on screenshot and decided in a second or two will he download the game or no.. at least I believe so : ) Not much people checking all features and things to make the decision based on a detailed research..
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vaclav.mazany » 21 Aug 2012, 13:40

thx for the tip... I thought so, that FB and Twitter has the "power" :) but its better to hear it from someone who has the experience.
vaclav.mazany
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Aug 2012, 14:03

I thought so, that FB and Twitter has the "power"

Yes, I believe its a one of biggest reasons why some games got top100 - like Temple Run etc.
Another thing I want to tell about Kiip is the communication with developers. Im not speaking about the company in common, maybe just with the manager I was speaking with. As most of other "services" - they are spamming developers with their sites links, promising to put your game to top100 etc etc.. Every time Im releasing a game I have few emails from new services. And they're pushing you.. pushing you to implement their stuff. Sometimes they even can't prepare a good SDK and you need to work with it (polish rotations, screen orientation, banners sizes etc manually)... Its about others... So about Kiip - the technical side of it is great, developer's web-interface has "listeners" so you can easly test your integration.. But shortly saying while speaking on skype with a manager from there I felt like I live in a 3d sort country, and they are from California (!) etc. And minor things like "we launch promo event soon, if you'll get the integration done asap.. we will put the game into this..." so I even submitted expedited apple review. But as result it turned out so I never heared from them after the game release... I'll probably leave the integration for a while, its a good idea to give rewards for your players, but now Im more carefuly with integrating things... if someone contacts you, then its probably a better deal for them then for you : ) Its like with your mobile phone - if someone calling you - probably he/she needs something from you - not much people call you to ask how you're doing and maybe you need any help with anything in your life :mrgreen:
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vaclav.mazany » 21 Aug 2012, 14:15

It's exactly the same case, they contacted me with opportunity to add my game to their top game list, or something.
Frankly, I'm not expecting anything "huge" from these kind of services, I just wanted to clarify if it is worth it or not. From what you're saying, it seems that it isn't. I don't say that it's bad, but I will rather spend time on another game than even investigating this stuff :)
But sharing on Facebook & Twitter on the other side, seems even simpler, I'm not looking for anything fancy, just simple "share achievement" and such. So I guess I'll rather go this way.
vaclav.mazany
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby vaclav.mazany » 21 Aug 2012, 14:33

cool. .. thx
vaclav.mazany
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Return to Misc