Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Player installation & options

Removing .stk from window title/process name

ShiVa Standalone Player for Desktops and Web Player

Removing .stk from window title/process name

Postby jdebroy » 02 Feb 2010, 21:52

I have seen that when running a desktop program, windows and linux (I assume mac too) the executable that runs the game has on its process title and window caption something like "mygame.stk", so my question is, how to place my own string there. Instead of "invaders.stk" it could be "JDinvaders rebellion" even though the executable can be whatever other name. I don't find a function to change the window caption of a stk, so I better ask. :)
May the 3d Force be with U
jdebroy
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Removing .stk from window title/process name

Postby NiCoX » 02 Feb 2010, 22:15

Hi,

It is unfortunately currently not possible without the help of the SDK, but we are working on more advanced publishing options like that.

:)
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby jdebroy » 02 Feb 2010, 23:35

Am sure a simple option like that will make make my apps more professional. Am quite proficient on delphi, c++ with visual studio and so. But not sure on linux or mac, not to mention the mac cost. Additionally, by adding native code to the proven shiva exports could add unnecessary bugs.
In the meantime am going to play with some MFC functions like setwindowtext() to change the caption from another process...
jdebroy
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby jdebroy » 02 Feb 2010, 23:58

That was easy. I did this in ten minutes, but enough to see that the application changes the caption of any window. Of course tested with a shiva playing demo on my pc. Just type exactly the caption (watch the caps), like "fire.stk" and change it.

Now I have to look for a player's function to execute a program. If I can not find it, then I'll make a launcher that executes the player, then changes its title.

But on Mac or Linux, who knows how to! [file name=TitleSet.zip size=202426]http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/images/old/files/TitleSet.zip[/file]

UPDATE> The window renamer only seem to work on windows XP. With my windows 7 PC it does not. Working on a solution...
jdebroy
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Return to Player installation & options