Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to External tools

Messiah:Studio v5 'Dare to Share' promo for just $10 or $40

Tools for ShiVa...

Messiah:Studio v5 'Dare to Share' promo for just $10 or $40

Postby pedroasecas » 08 Feb 2011, 11:34

Hi all.

Just thought this offer could benefit us Shiva users, by adding one more tool to our DCC pipelines. The feature set is truly impressive, as are the possibilities it opens for general animation and rigging, motion capture retargeting, expressions, etc. In my view, the PRO edition for just $40 seems too good a deal to pass up, so I already purchased one license. Nothing to lose, as they will refund your money in case their goal is not met. This is NOT an ad for project Mesiah, I just wanted to share the promo with the community in case any of you is interested.

Quote from the Project Mesiah Store:

We're doing an unprecedented viral test marketing campaign where your success in sharing this offer will allow you and others to get our amazing award winning animation and rendering software ( messiahStudio5 ) for the unheard of price of just $10 (regularly $499) or choose the Pro version for just $40 (regularly $1195). When this experiment ends, the prices will return to normal.

This is the same software that studios and individuals, in more than 60 countries of the world, have been using to create visual effects for some of your favorite movies, commercials, games and music videos; and now you can get it at a no excuses price, if you "Dare To Share™". People using our software have been nominated for Academy Awards, and changed their lives creating things they'd never thought possible on their own. CG Animated Features, Visual Effects, Consumer Product and Architectural Visualization, Simulation, Plugin Development, Smart Phone App Animation and Game Development Export; What will you do?

Everyone needs a chance to show what they can do. That chance is more often limited by money; maybe that's you, maybe that's someone you know; a parent, a friend, some students of yours. We got a chance to prove what we could do starting out, and now we're giving one to you. It's the best deal we've ever offered, and a chance you'll probably never have again. Order now to reserve your copy; we will accept no crying if you miss out : )

Rules: Everyone can only receive their license when the goal is met. That's your incentive to spread the word and share the offer.

This offer is open to: Individuals, small businesses, hobbyists, starving artists, the unemployed, schools, students, CG studios, game developers, plugin developers, architects, tinkerers, compositors and aspiring movie makers, in any country. Limit 4 copies per customer, mix and match.

We will update the progress bar so you can see where you're at in reaching that goal. When the bar reaches the end, we will close out the offer and no further orders will be allowed; no exceptions. In the event the goal is not met, we will simply refund everyone. Whether you get the software for this amazing price is up to you, and how well you get the word out.

If you need to purchase licenses of the software to use right now for a project, you can purchase them normally HERE -> Buy Normal, and if the goal is met from this offer, you will be refunded the difference in price between the equivalent version you purchased, and the Dare To Share™ special.

If you are already an owner of version 5, and also meet the offer requirements to purchase this special, please see the **note at the bottom of the page.

and a link to the offer:

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

Cheers and happy Shivaing. :)
pedroasecas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Messiah:Studio v5 'Dare to Share' promo for just $10 or $40

Postby dreamora » 08 Feb 2011, 11:44

made good use of the offer
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby pedroasecas » 08 Feb 2011, 11:52

Did you buy a license too, Dreamora? Let's hope the progress bar fills up quickly. The news have been spreading through cg forums and sites like wildfire, so I bet the wait will be over very soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
pedroasecas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby redmotion » 08 Feb 2011, 13:26

Thanks for this. I've bought in to. I'm hoping to make use of the bakeUVs if nothing else.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby pedroasecas » 08 Feb 2011, 13:32

@redmotion: I'm sure I won't be using most of the features of the app either, but at that price even the bits I get to use justify the purchase.
pedroasecas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby toovy » 08 Feb 2011, 14:10

Hi,

has someone ever tried out, if this tool works well with Shiva? I mean it seems to have an FBX exporter, so it should be possible to import it in shiva using the autodesk fbx exporter.

Any experience?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
toovy
toovy
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby r10k » 08 Feb 2011, 14:21

More tools in the toolbox is always a good idea. As someone who's always wanted to get into Messiah, but has lacked the cash to, I'm in for this deal.
r10k
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 08 Feb 2011, 14:25

count me in.

@toovy - not tested, but it exports to fbx and opens well in 3ds max, chances are good that shiva/the autodesk fbx converter likes it too.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dpharaoh » 08 Feb 2011, 14:32

I'm in too
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby proph » 08 Feb 2011, 14:33

i had never really checked out messiah before, heard of it in passing is about all but you can't beat the price. Even though i don't need it right now you never know when you will so i will be ordering mine this afternoon.

Now if anyone finds a deal like this on xsi or 3ds that is what i need most right now.
proph
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby shivachristy » 08 Feb 2011, 14:41

I want it,

but Who does the marketing?, Is it that you are communally responsible to reach the target or you have to introduce say 5 people to the offer.

Also has anyone really tried this software out or not?

Importing into Shiva is the most time consuming thing for me as I dont have 3ds max

Im going to email them and find out.

I just downloaded the Demo and managed to crash it in 12 seconds
http://cur.lv/1x0wx via an ad! Thanks
shivachristy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Winin » 08 Feb 2011, 14:52

I just ordered, thanks for the heads up!
Winin
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby redmotion » 08 Feb 2011, 14:55

Now if anyone finds a deal like this on xsi or 3ds that is what i need most right now.

XSI had a great deal way back when they were owned by Avid. They did a "foundation" version for £299 during versions 5.11 and 6. I bought it. Never looked back.

Although, I will say that I'm convinced that there will NEVER be any offers even close to this for an Autodesk product. And I mean NEVER.

@shivachristy: Buy it and hope enough other people buy it aswell. Then you'll get your license.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby r10k » 08 Feb 2011, 15:00

Although, I will say that I'm convinced that there will NEVER be any offers even close to this for an Autodesk product. And I mean NEVER.

Heh, true that. I got into XSI during the Foundation deal, and then went from that to the last Softimage XSI deal to get version 7.
r10k
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby pedroasecas » 08 Feb 2011, 15:03

@toovy: The FBX export seems to be using Autodesk's implementation directly, and there is talk about a DAE exporter too, but I don't know the details, just read something at http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=1580.0. Additionally as per http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=2130.0, first reply, it seems you can export data from Messiah to Blender 2.5 beta using the MDD file format (point Oven if I'm not mistaken), and from there to Collada, which I hope will be fully implemented when Blender 2.6 goes live at the end of the beta. No idea about animations through MDD though. In any case, I'll keep an eye out for more info as I read their support forums. Meanwhile, you could have a look at their Pipeline Communication Section: http://setuptab.com/index.php/board,7.0.html

@shivachristy: It looks to me as comunal responsibility, spreading the news and generating new sales until a cutoff point is reached, after which the promo ends and everyone receives his/her license. As there is no definite date given for the end of the promo, I think it will keep running until they get to the number of sales they have set, or if they don't, they'll issue a refund, as stated. Don't quote me on that though.
pedroasecas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Next

Return to External tools