Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Business Offers

Free 2d Isometric RPG / Fantasy Sprites

You are offering services,you need a team or just someone to help? post here your propositions.

Free 2d Isometric RPG / Fantasy Sprites

Postby MattLloyd » 08 Feb 2011, 09:32

Good Day,

Here are some pre rendered fantasy / rpg style sprites (isometric view) which I have created for you to use freely in your game projects (commercial or non commercial).

http://mattys-stuff.t15.org/

An example of one of the sprites is shown here:Image

Each of them has hundreds of frames of animation, split into either 8 or 5 directions (8 directions with 3 right facing directions not included but can be generated by flipping horizontally on export) - including walk cycle, idle, death, struck, and between 1 and 3 attack/action animations.

They need to be exported from my own format into either BMP (with mask colour specified by user) or as TGA (with alpha channel). Frames can be exported either as a 'range' or in total.

Hope you get much good use out of these.
From Matt
MattLloyd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Free 2d Isometric RPG / Fantasy Sprites

Postby Final_S » 10 Apr 2011, 12:40

thanks, very educational!
Final_S
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby makkar » 10 Apr 2011, 17:16

Thanks for your generosity!

I have two question for you:
1 - How did you do the shadows in your engine?
2 - How do you manage the image sequences on your characters?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby MattLloyd » 12 Apr 2011, 06:27

Character shadows are built into the texture when drawing it..simply skew the character's texture diagonally and draw the texture with alpha and 'black' onto the texture.

Animation management - I keep the sprite's images in system memory..there are literally thousands of images..and each frame draw the relevant frame to a texture and push to VRAM. I remove the texture from VRAM if/when the image is no longer to be displayed. This basically means that there is, at each frame, 1 texture per 'creature' on screen *at most* - as long as the number of creatures actually visible on screen is not too large then the process is pretty quick.

Effects such as the 'freeze' blue effect are simply achieved by altering the r,g,b values individually when drawing the texture.

With the engine I use I have no access to shaders, it is simply a fixed-function pipeline..
MattLloyd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dbladez » 02 Dec 2011, 03:09

These are really well done Isometric Sprites, and especially for free.

I've been trying to find other Isometric Sprites close to the same quality, however nothing comes near as good as these anywhere, looked through countless sites.

Anyone know any good sites that have this quality artwork for commercial games free of charge and royalty free?
dbladez
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Business Offers