Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Introduction

Greetings

Tell us who you are, what you do...

Greetings

Postby deepseaweed » 19 Jun 2012, 14:53

Hello,

I'm the developer of Solstice, a 3D space RTS currently available for Android and PC/Mac (for free versions check out my website). I recently purchased ShiVa3D and would like to port Solstice from Unity to ShiVa to get access to some additional platforms.

Any hints and recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Games by Deepseaweed: Solstice, a 3D Space Fleet Combat Real Time Strategy Game for Android devices. Available now!
deepseaweed
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Greetings

Postby broozar » 19 Jun 2012, 16:50

hello deepseaweed,

welcome to this community, i hope shiva meets your needs and you get your game ported quickly and successfully.

unfortunately, you can't do a real port of your game, as neither the assets nor code will be compatible, you will more likely have to rebuild it from scratch.

for getting started with ShiVa, you should have a look at this wiki section: http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/wiki/index.php?title=Get_Started
a user has made some unity to shiva tutorials, maybe they are of help to you. the ShiVa minute is also very helpful.
to get into lua coding, you should either look at shando's book (on the wiki too) as well as the official coding documents http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/doc/api/introduction

let us know if you need anything.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Greetings

Postby deepseaweed » 20 Jun 2012, 07:55

Thanks, broozar, for sending me these links. The Unity to ShiVa video tutorials seem to me a good choice to start with :)

I was aware that I have to rewrite Solstice and that I can't simply convert it. This isn't a problem at all. I simply hope that the concepts used in Unity are more or less compatible or easy adaptable in ShiVa.
Games by Deepseaweed: Solstice, a 3D Space Fleet Combat Real Time Strategy Game for Android devices. Available now!
deepseaweed
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Introduction