Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to News

New Post : ShiVa “end of the year” roadmap

New Post : ShiVa “end of the year” roadmap

Postby Sharp » 13 Dec 2011, 09:53

New post here : http://www.stonetrip.com/blog/news/shiva-end-of-the-year-roadmap !

Summary :
  • 1.9.1 release
  • New FREE version : ShiVa Web Edition for internet publishing
  • Licence for 1.9.1 = Licence for 2.0
  • Asset store beta

What do you think of my inline JQuery insertion :p ? Btw is there someone who has made advanced JQuery/ShiVa web Player effect ?
Sharp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: New Post : ShiVa “end of the year” roadmap

Postby dtr1au » 13 Dec 2011, 10:09

Love the idea of new Web Edition. Will probably help grow the community and gain more momentum in the market.

Asset store.. finally. ;)

Nice work.
dtr1au
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby LiVe » 13 Dec 2011, 18:44

Hey,

i think the shiva web edition for internet publishing is an excellent idea, especially for small developers / students to showcase some prototypes without any fees (not that the basic license would be that expensive :P)!

Anyway, i'm a little bit confused about the licence upgrade. I bought Shiva 1.9.0 (i think it was about 5-6 months ago) und therefor receive upgrades "until 2.0" (i think that means everything < 2.0, right?). So, this only effects new customers which buy once 1.9.1 is out? And if so, are there options to upgrade and jump on the 2.0 train? :)

(Also really excited about the asset store beta!!) :)

best regards
- Christoph
LiVe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby giggsy » 13 Dec 2011, 19:11

Great news, can't wait for the next post!
giggsy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby rcrowe » 23 Dec 2011, 22:19

Now that Unity3D has released a public beta of their Flash target support, I was hoping to hear something official about when Shiva3D will also support Flash targeting. Is there anything that you can share with us?
rcrowe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Sharp » 03 Jan 2012, 13:18

Yes ShiVa will support Flash 11 (we are working on it since more than 6 month :p) ! The first public beta (UAT 1.5.beta1) is announced for february !
Sharp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dreamora » 03 Jan 2012, 16:33

rcrowe wrote:Now that Unity3D has released a public beta of their Flash target support, I was hoping to hear something official about when Shiva3D will also support Flash targeting. Is there anything that you can share with us?

public dev preview != public beta

unity released a dev preview for flash and thats really at it is, it shows that they are working on something but with more than 60% of all relevant functionality not working you can't consider it a beta as no serious dev can create a real game on it (due to the missing stuff not due to the bugs -> no beta)
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Sharp » 04 Jan 2012, 14:36

dreamora wrote:public dev preview != public beta

Yes ! And also : video preview != public beta :).
Sharp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Andre_h2 » 06 Jan 2012, 10:32

Hi there!

Well since i'm waiting since mid december for 1.9.1 and the Xmas deals, i was wondering if, since obviously the release has been delayed, there still will be some kind of special deals when the new version will be realeased?

Any info on this would be great.

thx
Andre_h2
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Sharp » 06 Jan 2012, 11:10

Hi Andre,

The 1.9.1 release has been delayed to next week so "Xmas promo" becomes "New Year promo" but it's the same deal ;) !
Sharp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rcrowe » 10 Jan 2012, 01:20

dreamora wrote:
rcrowe wrote:Now that Unity3D has released a public beta of their Flash target support, I was hoping to hear something official about when Shiva3D will also support Flash targeting. Is there anything that you can share with us?

public dev preview != public beta

unity released a dev preview for flash and thats really at it is, it shows that they are working on something but with more than 60% of all relevant functionality not working you can't consider it a beta as no serious dev can create a real game on it (due to the missing stuff not due to the bugs -> no beta)

Sorry, yes you're right, I should have said "dev preview". I'm very glad to hear that ShiVa will have something Flashy in February!
rcrowe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby neilb » 10 Jan 2012, 23:49

OK, here's a question.

I've just seen the 50% discount promo price.

As an existing owner of the Advanced edition which I've had for about 12 months, are upgrade discounts going to be offered, or would it be better for me to throw away my current license and buy a new promo license which includes upgrading to 2.0?
neilb
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Xdust » 11 Jan 2012, 00:07

neilb wrote:OK, here's a question.

I've just seen the 50% discount promo price.

As an existing owner of the Advanced edition which I've had for about 12 months, are upgrade discounts going to be offered, or would it be better for me to throw away my current license and buy a new promo license which includes upgrading to 2.0?

You get 1.9.1 for free.

Just go to your download section of "my Account". download the new version just like you downloaded your current one.

You dont need to reactivate the new version either. Just install 1.9.1 and go. It was flawless for me
Xdust
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby neilb » 11 Jan 2012, 00:15

I know, I've already got 1.9.1 installed.

My question is if V2.0 going to cost more than $1,000 for existing users, then shouldn't I just discard my currently license and get a new license of V1.9.1 now for $1,000 so that I get the free upgrade to V2.0?
neilb
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Xdust » 11 Jan 2012, 00:18

neilb wrote:I know, I've already got 1.9.1 installed.

My question is if V2.0 going to cost more than $1,000 for existing users, then shouldn't I just discard my currently license and get a new license of V1.9.1 now for $1,000 so that I get the free upgrade to V2.0?

Oh, I see. Heh

Now that you put it that way, im not sure.
Xdust
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Next

Return to News