Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to News

New beta release: UAT 1.4 beta4

New beta release: UAT 1.4 beta4

Postby NiCoX » 31 Jul 2012, 22:14

Hi all,

We just released a new UAT beta release (1.4.beta4), available on the beta web site.

In this version, we improved the performances and the behavior of the Flash engine, which is now close to be suitable for production purposes. Loading times have been divided by 10, overall performance have been multiplied by 5, sounds and musics are now fully working, and it's now possible to make Flash communicate with the game scripts easily.

Please do not hesitate to post your "ShiVa to Flash" experiments!

More on: http://beta.stonetrip.com ;)
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: New beta release: UAT 1.4 beta4

Postby Fraser » 31 Jul 2012, 22:35

I like the sound of those numbers!

Suddenly it looks like my games will all have flash versions, with no extra work from me :| :) :D :mrgreen:

Downloading now...
Fraser Ashworth,
https://www.cortex7.net
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby DoctorPepper » 31 Jul 2012, 22:42

Great news!
For me, good flash performance would give a great boost for application testing, completely eliminating the need to compile and distributing windows vers.
DoctorPepper
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Fraser » 31 Jul 2012, 23:27

Bob Orange exported with UAT 1.4 beta4

http://www.silicondroid.com/wip/flash/BobOrange.html

Solid 60FPS.
Music now works (music loop has small gap on my computer)
Scenes build much faster.
Less CPU used.
Keys are more responsive.

EDIT:
Thanks for your hard work StoneTrip, appreciate it greatly! Will be including shiva and stonetrip name in my games title screen on all platforms.
Fraser Ashworth,
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby DoctorPepper » 31 Jul 2012, 23:58

Ye, what a difference with Orange Bob.
I had 52-57 fps, some delay between the music loops. From time to time i had "hanging" sound noise, like it was stuck between few keys for a short while (just like when windows would get the blue screen of death. Reminded me of dubstep). But maybe thats by design.
Overall, very much playable now. Sadly, didnt fix some gameplay design issues ;)
DoctorPepper
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Fraser » 01 Aug 2012, 00:22

DoctorPepper wrote:Ye, what a difference with Orange Bob.
I had 52-57 fps, some delay between the music loops. From time to time i had "hanging" sound noise, like it was stuck between few keys for a short while (just like when windows would get the blue screen of death. Reminded me of dubstep). But maybe thats by design.
Overall, very much playable now. Sadly, didnt fix some gameplay design issues ;)

Dubstep effect is flash related, I heard it also when CPU gets loaded I think DAC buffer is not refreshed.

What gameplay design issues :?:
Fraser Ashworth,
Fraser
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby feng3d » 01 Aug 2012, 01:53

The Mac App sandbox seem working... :D
Last edited by feng3d on 01 Aug 2012, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
feng3d
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Santo » 01 Aug 2012, 08:20

WOW, i tried bob orange on linux and the speed gain on the previous release is impressive!! :shock:
Now the music plays but, there is a noticeable gap in the music loop
Shiva 1.9.2 Basic - Shiva 2.0 Beta 1.0
Santo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby makkar » 01 Aug 2012, 09:42

This Flash release is great!

We tried our car racing game Dust ( http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25282 ) with the previous UAT, and it went about 5 FPS. Now it goes with a steady 30 FPS!

And overall the game loooks as intended, and works almost perfectly. Well, most of the time as some hickups tend to occur, like freezing, some sound crackling, and scene changing problems.
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Nicko » 01 Aug 2012, 14:33

Hi Guy's,

Just tried it. Doesn't work so good for me. I managed to get one game going using beta 3 with sound set to OpenAL on android, tried the game on a google phone and no sound at all but it didn't lock up which is a step forward. The sound did work fine on a couple of android tablets though. Just tried updating another and using beta4 and I just get a black screen and then it goes back to the home screen. With beta3 on the same game it worked but saving out some game settings to the environment seems not to be. Still playing around though. I quickly tried a flash version of a game, with beta2 it worked a part from some animations going black, with beta4 all I get now is a black screen after the initialize.

thanks
Nicko.
Nicko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 01 Aug 2012, 16:30

Hi,

About music loop problem: there is indeed a problem with looping sounds and Flash if we want to support pause/resume (too minimalist API and unusual behaviors), so we had to make the loop manually... Hope we'll find a better way in the future.

About music glitches, this is due to the lack of threads support in Flash. A workaround is to fade out music before switching scenes.

@Nicko: I think there is something in your game the engine does not like, a corrupted data or something, leading to random behaviors. Could you send me a STK file (and ideally the corresponding STE file) by PM so we can check/fix?
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Nicko » 02 Aug 2012, 14:22

Hi Guy's,

I managed to get the default application to run on the device, though this was by creating and installing the apk directly via the UAT 1.4 beta4. The problem I'm having is getting it working after importing the archive into eclipse. I think the problem lies somewhere with eclipse so it's not the stk file being corrupt but some issue when imported into eclipse. I need it in eclipse so I can add other things before building the apk. I'll keep playing around and see if there are any eclipse updates. Does anyone know of any other dev environments that work with android other than eclipse?.

thanks again
Nicko.
Nicko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby lordkevin » 30 Nov 2012, 12:46

Thanks for the post...
Get started with web designing with sql certification dumps course braindumps.com . For detail Isilon , Stanford University
lordkevin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby feng3d » 01 Dec 2012, 03:14

I am waiting the UAT 1.4 beta5.

Is it including the latest AdMob SDK for iOS and Android?
Last edited by feng3d on 01 Dec 2012, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
feng3d
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Shaderman » 01 Dec 2012, 08:13

UAT is for authoring only. You'll have to integrate those SDK's in your project yourself. I think you'll find the needed integration code for IOS here in the forums though.
Shaderman
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Next

Return to News