Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

MFC fullscreen app not receiving joystick input  [SOLVED]

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

MFC fullscreen app not receiving joystick input

Postby Barnski » 28 Apr 2010, 12:20

Hello,

I am building an application using C++ MFC, and put a shiva viewport as done in the example on a group control. I use a joystick for input and it works fine if the viewport is in normal window mode.
Now I added a button the the MFC dialog to go to fullsceen, after which the viewport is shown fullscreen, and everything works execpt for the joystick!
Any idea how I can get the joystick input in fullscreen mode? Thanks!

This is the code to fullscreen (previously I used no setFocus, then I tried various combinations, but still no luck!) :
Code: Select all
   S3DClient_SetFullscreen(true);
   c_viewport.SetFocus();
   //SetFocus();

Any idea?

greets,
Barnski
Barnski
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re:MFC fullscreen app not receiving joystick input  [SOLVED]

Postby Barnski » 28 Apr 2010, 19:45

Still couldnt get this to work...
In other words: What is the correct way to go fullscreen with the ShivaSDK when using an MFC dialog?

I noticed with my way described above, there are other problems, such as sometimes when I click on the lower left edge of the screen, it opens the windows start menu!
so somehow the shiva fullscreen isnt really on top or getting all the input, especially in my case of the joystick which I need!

Really need a solution to this, would be great if it worked fullscreen tomorrow at my presentation... I am sure I am doing something wrong when going fullscreen... please help! thanks.

edit: the correct way was discussed here:
http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20395&p=20395#p21760
Barnski
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows