Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

Is it possible to develop a third person shooting game ??  [SOLVED]

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

Is it possible to develop a third person shooting game ??

Postby browncrow » 27 Oct 2010, 13:11

Hello Everybody,
I am a very new in shiva 3d. I want to develop a 3rd person shooter game with shiva.Is it possible to smoothly develop a third person shooter game smoothly in shiva?
I have completed the modeling and animation part in maya and exported it in collada.I tried with this in shiva...import all the staffs and create anim bank for animation....But i faced so many problem regarding AI coding.....

So please help me and give me some suggestions...I am waiting for your reply ....Thank you in advance......
browncrow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Is it possible to develop a third person shooting game ??  [SOLVED]

Postby dhigan » 27 Oct 2010, 14:33

Yeah you can make any kind of game with ShiVa.
"smoothly" ? it depends of your coding skills, but trust me it's much easier than using, for instance, the XNA SDK...

If your are starting, there are plenty of tutorials, a wiki, the Shando' Shiva book, and and a community to help you :)

if you have more questions, feel free, and welcome ;)
dhigan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Is it possible to develop a third person shooting game ??

Postby browncrow » 29 Oct 2010, 16:55

Thank you very much dhigan for you reply.....
It is good to know that it is easy for windows base game.....
I have started my project.....My project is to make a third person shooting game....
I completed the animation and modeling part.....
I finished the ray casting code.....(just take a gun and check the ray casting code.....just draw a line to show where it hit....and returns the waring message with the hit model name and the transition.....
I am facing difficulties in player walk section.....
If i show you the codes....can you please help me ?.....

Atfirst i want to describe my game plan.....

In my first stage ...i just want to see my player walking fine with the keyboard....shooting....enemy navigation....enemy can shoot....enemy....player die....

So can you please tell me what the stages which i have to follow to complete this part.....

and second thing is....
From where we can download the tutorials,books for shiva ??
I am waiting for your reply.......
browncrow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Shando69 » 29 Oct 2010, 21:22

G'day browncrow,

My book, as well as loads of great tutorials etc are available on the Wiki.

As for the rest of your post, I suggest you take the time to look through the Wiki, and most (if not all) of your questions should be answered :D Also check out the tutorials that come with ShiVa, they're an excellent source of info too (especially The Hunt - check out the "making of" pdf) :)

Regards

Shando
Love Hope Strength

Further details: http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk/

One Cancer Centre in every Country, One Concert at a Time
Shando69
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby assassingames » 28 Feb 2011, 09:27

Of course,possible to develop a third person to shooting game online...

Shooting Game
assassingames
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby EasterSudharta » 15 Feb 2012, 13:37

YES OF-COURSE it will depend on your skill.
StoneTrip ROCKS!
cellulite cream review
EasterSudharta
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby redmotion » 15 Feb 2012, 14:23

If your character already has a walk cycle, check out one of the examples, there is a cool little cube guy who walks around pretty nice. I think it uses a hidden dynamics sphere and matches the characters translation to it. This way you'll get you a nice smooth acceleration and decelaration and some basic collision detection.

First get the character attached and moving and then try working out how to match the animation playback speed with the speed of travel (so the feet seem to sit on the floor). You can probably check the linear velocity and modify the animation playback speed with that (but its been more than a year since I looked at those samples in detail so...)

Don't worry about getting it perfect first time because you'll keep coming back to it anyway, wanting to tweak it (perhaps you think the character moves too fast or slow, for example). Or you might decide you actually hate the animation (after seeing it 500 times) and want to do it again anyway.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows