Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

Intel Appup Store

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

Intel Appup Store

Postby shivachristy » 25 Apr 2011, 11:35

Hi I have just found Intel Appup website which looks like they sell windows games in a similar model to Apple apps.

Having read the literature it seems that distributing games made via shiva3d for windows can be sold through this method.

Please leave a comment about this as it looks like another possibility for this engine and indies to make some money.

these are the packaging requirements

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/packaging-requirements
http://cur.lv/1x0wx via an ad! Thanks
shivachristy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Intel Appup Store

Postby NiCoX » 25 Apr 2011, 14:16

Hi,

Yes have plans to add a new UAT target for the Intel AppUp. Basically the only 2 requirements are the following:
- modify the engine "main" file to add the signature, and link with their library
- create a MSI installer

It would have been a trivial task if Intel did provide a library for all MSVC versions. For now on Windows we support only MSVC 2003 and 2010, and they are not compatible with the Intel AppUp SDK. So, not a huge problem, but as always it's a question of time.

How many people would be interested in publishing games for the Intel AppUp?
(if there are really many we can consider changing a bit the priorities)
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby shivachristy » 25 Apr 2011, 15:22

Many thanks for the quick response. It does look a little more complicated than simply joining and uploading but as it is free to join now ,I will and hope that the shiva UAT or whatever happens soon.

I would be happy to beta test it by the way.
http://cur.lv/1x0wx via an ad! Thanks
shivachristy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby peter » 07 Jun 2012, 21:15

But who uses Intel's Store currently? Are there really potential customers?

I think game developers should focus on bigger stores? Like a Steam, Desura or Big Fish Games? or port to NaCl?

I know that it's hard to publish game in a Steam or Big Fish Games, but I'm sure they are more profitable.

Well I don't know this shop, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyone has some experience with them?
peter
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dreamora » 07 Jun 2012, 21:37

For Steam you need to fullfil AA Quality and content requirements, otherwise you will not even get through the first of various approval steps.

For BFG you have to work through their catalog of requirements. Its definitely not as complex but a long list as they check on various details
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby peter » 07 Jun 2012, 22:18

Yea but what about Intel's store? Have you got some experience with them? I'm afraid that it hasn't got enough customers.
peter
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows