Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

Windows 8... apps

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

Windows 8... apps

Postby redmotion » 15 Feb 2012, 15:52

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/

Another day... Another OS... another app store!

I'm guessing "Metro-style" apps are very different from normal windows apps... Direct X 11.. and other inconvieniences...
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Windows 8... apps

Postby miyudreams » 03 May 2012, 10:56

Will ShiVa support Windows Phone 8?
miyudreams
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dreamora » 03 May 2012, 11:29

Windows 8 sure, any windows application is that.

Metro: who knows, the requirement of DX11 (which shiva doesn't use nor would really make use of) as well as usage of WinCRT instead of Win32 stoneage API cause some effort here and that for likely little gain as metro (beside notifications) is just a hell annoying gimmick addon on top of win7

also you can sell your apps on the metro store independent of it being metro. if its not metro you just have to handle sales and support yourself
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby giggsy » 04 May 2012, 06:37

Win8 could get quite interesting in terms of Win8 phone (or how ever that's called).
I >>heard<< (not read^^), that it will also be capable of C++, meaning no C# port would be required ...
giggsy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 04 May 2012, 07:06

We will see.
Win8 will not go to phones, only to tablets.
Win Phone will get a new version of what they already have which is not needfully able to run Win8 as the hardware requirements for Win8 would prevent all sold Windows Phone devices from upgrading or in short kill Windows Phone right away again as it won't recover from such a absolute and fatal missplaning on hardware
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows