Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Code Snippets

Game Center integrated!

Paste down any little snippets or request a new one.

Re: Game Center integrated!

Postby vklymenko » 21 Sep 2011, 11:18

Hi FR_dZastrX,

thanks,
could you please archive and send me your "classes" folder from the xcode project to bizdev@splashfoxgames.com ? (i think its not to different from what usual UAT generates besides game center integration so we don't need NDA? : )
then I'll merge text/code with my "classes" folder and it will be easier to find the issues.
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 21 Sep 2011, 11:43

Hi : Done.
:) Indeed, simple update, following your tutorial, of the classes provided by the Stonetrip' UAT 1.2.beta16 : ...Are you using xCode4 ? ( Perhaps 3.2 does not give the same logs ? )
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Sep 2011, 12:22

thanks for the files, I've placed them into my project, compiled and hadn't got errors, only few warnings. Did you meant errors or warnings? Also I see some other changes with my classes folder, im using latest UAT and xcode I believe. Anyway i'll prepare and upload "tempalte" xcode project with game center integrated so you or anyone can use (then you can add feature as I founded - you did for sending player's name to scripts on success login etc.. : )
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Sep 2011, 13:16

here is my classes folder
(i think i can share it as far general shiva PLE or any license can generate this part of code?)

probably everything that should be done:

- rename "HighscoresLeaderboardHere" in "S3DEngine_EAGLView.m" with your leaderboard id
and if needs - achiv1..16 downer.

- search/replace "MainAI" with AI model that you're using

and for scripts part shortest version of the tutorial:

onInit of your game:
Code: Select all
    application.setCurrentUserEnvironmentVariable("bGameCenter",false)
    user.postEvent ( application.getCurrentUser ( ),0,"MainAI","onInitGameCenter" )

add handlers:
onInitGameCenter
--empty

onGameCenterLogged:
application.setCurrentUserEnvironmentVariable("bGameCenter",true)

onGameCenterOut:
application.setCurrentUserEnvironmentVariable("bGameCenter",false)

onShowLeaderboard
--empty

onSubmitScores(scores)
--empty

and somewhere in game
for submitting scores:
local nSc = application.getCurrentUserEnvironmentVariable ( "Scores")
user.postEvent ( application.getCurrentUser ( ), 0, "MainAI", "onSubmitScores", nSc)

for showing leaderboard:
user.postEvent ( application.getCurrentUser ( ), 0, "MainAI", "onShowLeaderboard")
Last edited by vklymenko on 21 Sep 2011, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 21 Sep 2011, 13:18

Hi, thanks again for so fast answering and for posting your code template :P
I'll definitively have a look at it right now :!:

Only to answer back to the previous post : Yep, I meant "warnings" :oops:
...As the 2warnings I mentionned are concerning both the achievement and leaderboard showing processes ( S3DEngine_EAGLView.m :arrow: showAchievements / showLeaderboard )...I am affraid of the fact these two lines being ignored could point to the issue we have in the further "hiding" phases :
( S3DEngine_EAGLView.m :arrow: achievementViewControllerDidFinish / leaderboardViewControllerDidFinish )
...That's why I am wondering : Do you have the same warnings, please ?

I searched a lot and tried a lot of random crappy code in these "DidFinish" parts, but without success... The doc/links I used since now might be more clear for someone else ?
...Could it contain any info to help with this issue ?
( cf: Shiva App' not responding any more within iPad after closing the leaderboard/achievement panel )

:arrow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4255375/lost-control-in-leaderboard-gamecenter

:arrow: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=522922

:arrow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1144496/how-to-correctly-removefromsuperview

...And what about using one of these 2 functions :
bringSubViewToFront
sendViewToBack

As I wrote upper, I am only discovering iOs thus sorry if I am out of the bounds :oops:
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Sep 2011, 13:23

huh, I can also only ask for help for an experienced iOS objc programmer about this question, everything that I can think currently is maybe to add "GKLeaderboardViewControllerDelegate" into
S3DEngine_EAGLView.h
to
@interface S3DEngine_EAGLView : UIView <UITextFieldDelegate>
so the same as UITextFieldDelegate it will be transfered to the .m file
its probably doesn't have sense, just thought : )
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 21 Sep 2011, 13:39

I thought about it too :D
...However, maybe that should be done into :
S3DEngine_ViewController.h
Indeed, according to :
http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-game-development/65733-show-gamecenter-leaderboards-achievements-opengl.html
This kind of adding should be like that :
Within these <> you can import delegates

@interface WhatEverViewController : UIViewController <GKAchievementViewControllerDelegate,GKLeaderboardViewControllerDelegate> {
}

...A few unsuccessfull tries and I am back ! :twisted:
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 21 Sep 2011, 15:05

...Ooh :D Yess :D ssss :D !!! ( Meaning: I managed to make it. )
There is a proverb about a chimp who would be able to write Shakespeare, as long as there would be enough chimps to try :lol:

Then, in the iPad simulator, I can now call and close the achievement & leaderboard panels and then go back with success to my Shiva's App.
As these are my very first steps in the fabulous (but also dangerous).h and .m world, I wouldn't have found alone neither ; here is the literary track let by another chimp smarter than me : http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/15390 ( The interesting part was there posted by SmallGaming )

...Thus, let's make some changes to the code written since now :

In S3DEngine_EAGLView.h , remove the lines you added during the tutorial :
- (void)leaderboardViewControllerDidFinish:(GKLeaderboardViewController *)viewController;
- (void)achievementViewControllerDidFinish:(GKAchievementViewController *)viewController;

In S3DEngine_EAGLView.m , remove the lines you added during the tutorial :
-(void)showLeaderboard
{
   UIWindow* window = [UIApplication sharedApplication].keyWindow;
    GKLeaderboardViewController *leaderboardController = [[GKLeaderboardViewController alloc] init];   
    if (leaderboardController != nil) {
      leaderboardController.leaderboardDelegate = self;

UIViewController *glView2 = [[UIViewController alloc] init];
      [window addSubview: glView2.view];
        [glView2 presentModalViewController: leaderboardController animated: YES];
    }
}
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-(void)leaderboardViewControllerDidFinish:(GKLeaderboardViewController *)viewController
{
    [viewController dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];
   [viewController.view.superview removeFromSuperview];
   [viewController release];
}
-(void)showAchievements
{   
    GKAchievementViewController *achievements = [[GKAchievementViewController alloc] init];   
    if (achievements != nil){
        achievements.achievementDelegate = self;
      [window addSubview: glView2.view];
        [glView2 presentModalViewController: achievements animated: YES];     
    }   
}
-(void)achievementViewControllerDidFinish:(GKAchievementViewController *)viewController
{
    [viewController dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];
   [viewController.view.superview removeFromSuperview];
   [viewController release];
}

...Still in S3DEngine_EAGLView.m replace the lines you just removed by these ones ( And don't worry : there are only 2 voids only instead of 4, here, but we'll take care about the 2 others in an instant... ):

- (void) showAchievements
{
   AchievementController* achievementController = [[AchievementController alloc] init];
   achievementController.achievementController = [[[GKAchievementViewController alloc] init] autorelease];
   if (achievementController.achievementController != nil)
   {
      achievementController.achievementController.achievementDelegate = achievementController;
      [window addSubview: achievementController.view];
        [achievementController presentModalViewController: achievementController.achievementController animated: YES];     
    }
}

- (void)showLeaderboard
{
   LeaderboardController* leaderboardController = [[LeaderboardController alloc] init];
   leaderboardController.leaderboardController = [[[GKLeaderboardViewController alloc] init] autorelease];
   if (leaderboardController.leaderboardController != nil)
   {
      leaderboardController.leaderboardController.leaderboardDelegate = leaderboardController;
      [window addSubview: leaderboardController.view];
        [leaderboardController presentModalViewController: leaderboardController.leaderboardController animated: YES];
    }
}

Now, still in S3DEngine_EAGLView.m, at the very top of the file, search for @implementation S3DMoviePlayerViewController ; the same way this has been implemented, we are about to add our 2 missing voids !
After the @end of the @implementation S3DMoviePlayerViewController , add :
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@interface AchievementController :UIViewController <GKAchievementViewControllerDelegate>
{
   GKAchievementViewController *achievementController;
}
@property (nonatomic, readwrite, assign) GKAchievementViewController *achievementController;
- (void) achievementViewControllerDidFinish:(GKAchievementViewController *)viewController;
@end
@implementation AchievementController
- (BOOL)shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfaceOrientation)interfaceOrientation
{
    return YES ;
}
@synthesize achievementController;

- (void) achievementViewControllerDidFinish:(GKAchievementViewController *)viewController
{
   [self dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];
   [self.view removeFromSuperview];
   [self release];
}
@end

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@interface LeaderboardController :UIViewController <GKLeaderboardViewControllerDelegate>
{
   GKLeaderboardViewController *leaderboardController;
}
@property (nonatomic, readwrite, assign) GKLeaderboardViewController *leaderboardController;
- (void) leaderboardViewControllerDidFinish:(GKLeaderboardViewController *)viewController;
@end
@implementation LeaderboardController
- (BOOL)shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfaceOrientation)interfaceOrientation
{
    return YES ;
}
@synthesize leaderboardController;

- (void) leaderboardViewControllerDidFinish:(GKLeaderboardViewController *)viewController
{
   [self dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];
   [self.view removeFromSuperview];
   [self release];
}
@end

( *This part is perhaps not necessary :lol: ) but I also did :
In S3DEngine_ViewController.h , add at the top :
#import <GameKit/GameKit.h>

...And then change 1 by 2 :
@interface S3DEngine_ViewController : UIViewController

@interface S3DEngine_ViewController : UIViewController <GKAchievementViewControllerDelegate,GKLeaderboardViewControllerDelegate>

That's it ! Now you can close the achievement panel and be back to your App.

Note: At this time, I have a total of 1 warning in xCode while compiling :
S3DClient_SendEventToCurrentUser("AIM_GameCenter", "onGameCenterLogged",2,params);
Semantic Issue
Implicit declaration of function 'S3DClient_SendEventToCurrentUser' is invalid in C99

However, everything seems to work in the App ( I have the feedback of the Player Alias as expected... ??? ) and I am not sure I haven't made a mistake somewhere else... Please, if you try my solution, make a backup of your files first and tell me back what's up for you ? :P
Last edited by FR_dZastrX on 26 Sep 2011, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 21 Sep 2011, 15:45

thanks FR_dZastrX, cool : ) I'll try the fix today/tomorrow and will update original post ; )
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 26 Sep 2011, 09:39

...I edited my previous post to add these lines in both the 2 viewcontroller ( leaderboard & achievement ) "implementations" :
- (BOOL)shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfaceOrientation)interfaceOrientation {
    return YES ;
}

& Now, my gamecenter shows up in landscape as well in portrait mode ( for iPad ) ! :D

I really would have like, now, to code something related to the invitation abilities of the gamecenter...

Anyone to have been trying something about it until now ? :P
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 27 Sep 2011, 10:29

Mmm... :| Nothing related to the changes I proposed above, but I am facing now some specific problem with the Authentification system to the gamecenter :
In order to reinitialize all the vars at once, when my player is coming back to the main menu, I am using the API function from Shiva : application.restart() :twisted:

...However, in "restarting" like this, I have not the automatic gamecenter message "Hello again MrNoodle" appearing at the top...

Using logs, I can see I am going into the event "onInitGameCenter" but never into the "onGameCenterLogged" one ( neither into the "onGameCenterOut" one )

That's weird because, into the iOs Classes, as I a go though the callback : GameCenterSetInitCallback the var bGameCenterWantInit should be set to true and then, S3DEngine_GameCenter_WantInit should be triggered, and so on, the "authenticateLocalPlayer" ...Whatever it's a start or a re-start... :? ( And in the same time, it works just right if I pause the game and change my gamecenter profile )

...But that's not only "weird" ; that's also really annoying for me as showing the leaderboards, etc... becomes then no more possible :evil:
As I am also waiting for the event "onGameCenterLogged" to get back the pseudo and all the scores vars, that's really a pain in the :!: :lol:

Please, anyone came accross this problem or might have an idea on how to resolve this ?
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby juaxix » 01 Oct 2011, 02:56

vklymenko thank you , now i have full integrated game center in axyz game :)
juaxix
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 01 Oct 2011, 10:01

@juaxix: np, check, there is also IAP integration tutorial, if you'll need one ; )

@FR_dZastrX: sry, hadn't chance to test your implementation yet, but I will some day for sure. As for the another issue... do you mean you want to re-start game-center with another player? there is for sure should be a function that releasing current game-center objects. For example maybe it needs to release GKLocalPlayer ? just thoughts
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 03 Oct 2011, 08:06

Hi vklymenko :)

Well, my goal is not to un-authenticate the current player : I don't want neither him to login again, nor another player to be able to login from my game.
( In my case, the game can be paused / resume, and thus I think the player can use the real gamecenter for such a feature. )

So, the same local player shall remain connected to the gamecenter, but there is a problem when the Shiva's application is restarting due to the API function
application.restart()

Indeed, if I totally stop my game, and then launch it ( still connected to the gamecenter ) ...I will have the message "Hello again" because the gamecenter authenticate process is correctly done and Gamecenter see me as yet connected.

However, now, if i use the
application.restart()
Shiva's function, that's not working anymore : The authenticate process starts but fails ! :evil:
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby FR_dZastrX » 21 Nov 2011, 13:32

Hi Folks :)
My project is now also including matchmaker and everything works fine ( except perhaps the orientation changes that Shiva & OpenGL seems not to handle totally correctly for now )
I am using the U.A.T. 1.2.X and I ony came here to add these few lines in order to warn any people trying the 1.3.X betas : There might be some bug with the Stonetrip's Server connection ( Panels such as Leaderboard, etc... Won't show themselves no more with 1.3 releases, once the user is connected both to Gamecenter and to Stonetrip Server - while the same code is running under 1.2.b16 )
FR_dZastrX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to Code Snippets