Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to User contributions

Tutorial Requests

Tutorial Requests

Postby dpharaoh » 08 Jan 2011, 03:55

Hey gang! Feel free to post here at any time with requests for video or pdf tutorials. I like doing them and if some are quicker than others I could squeeze a bunch out. Just let me know what you'd like to see!
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Tutorial Requests

Postby broozar » 08 Jan 2011, 09:30

you should do a shiva-to-android, shiva-to-iOS, and shiva-in-xCode-tutorial, questions concerning those get asked far too often.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 08 Jan 2011, 20:49

Or a cross-platform plugin development tutorial. Like there are many (free) cross-platform libraries, how could one go about making plugins for all (or most of) the supported platforms.
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Astronoid » 06 Jun 2011, 09:24

Some tutorial material and sample code on integation with Eclipse,xcode, MS-VS would be nice,'
Being able to easliy call the android/ios api would be a nice advantage with regards to shiva as a tool for developning apps aswell as being able to add 3d to existing project.
Pleeeeease ?
I've been trying to figure this out for a while and are having problems wrapping my head around it
Astronoid
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Tally » 06 Jun 2011, 13:00

Or maybe something more basic, like a tutorial on creating the structure for a larger game (working with multiple scenes and how to efficiently organize your resources in a game of larger size). Most tutorials on creating a game project focus on a single scene and don't go in depth when it comes to creating a second, third, fourth scene etc. Could be a simple tutorial. I'd like to see how to create something larger, without creating a giant mess :oops:

Or perhaps something more specific like a tutorial solely on creating basic AI and maybe even how to make it more advanced. And as an example maybe 2 or 3 different genres (basic platform/adventure/shooter AI, beat-em-up AI, maybe even a boss AI :D )

If these tutorials already exist I apologies and like to know where I can find them :wink:

EDIT: funny how I just realized I had seen at least one tutorial/explanation on enemy AI en just found out you are the one who made it on daveyounggames.com ! :) Well anyway, my request remains the same, only this would be a tutorial which focuses on enemy AI alone and some examples of different implementations.
lets say you are making a 'super smash bros type of game' using multiplayer mode. Pitting gamers against each other is all well, but you want to make a training mode, right? Which means designing enemy intelligence. I was thinking of a enemy which detects an action of the player (kick, block, jump etc) and has three responses to choose from, which he does at random (players blocks: 50% change the enemy attacks, 25% change the enemy blocks aswel, 25% change the enemy moves away from the player), but how would one write that down? and is that even a smart approach? And if the player keeps blocking, would you use a timer to restart the randomizer for the enemies actions? and how would you write that down? Just the basics I guess. Anyway, you get the point and I started rambling ... Cheers!
Tally
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby DoctorPepper » 21 Aug 2011, 11:21

I would love a tutorial on basic iOS multiplayer. Maybe even with gamecenter/openfeint. Nothing fancy, something simple like sending a string. Without servers, without hosting
DoctorPepper
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to User contributions