Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Google Android

PowerA MOGA

Google Play Store, Amazon Kindle, Nook, and so many more

PowerA MOGA

Postby flim » 12 Jun 2012, 02:34

Is it possible to utilize this device in ShiVa?
http://powera.com/MOGA
flim
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: PowerA MOGA

Postby error454 » 12 Jun 2012, 07:35

I signed up to their moga world and am hoping the development controllers are reasonably priced. This would definitely work with shiva but most likely not out of the box. You would have to integrate their sdk.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby opcode » 18 Aug 2012, 22:06

I know that this thread is a couple of months old since the last reply, but I'm also currently looking into implementing the controller's SDK through a ShiVa plug-in. So any advice in this area would be really welcome.

Or possibly seeking one of the other knowledgeable shiVa members here, that have developed plug-ins for shiVa before, Broozar, Dreamora, makkar, GameScorpian etc that might be interested in a payed side project to help get a plug-in for shiVa developed.

If there is someone on these boards that might be interested in something like that, please let me know.
opcode
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby error454 » 18 Aug 2012, 22:38

If I had the hardware, I would integrate the SDK but it wouldn't be in a plug-in.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby opcode » 18 Aug 2012, 23:16

Please elaborate then :) Going the export->Eclipse project route for another controller last year ( Zeemote ) was a nightmare to get going with, and was told from support that going the plug-in route was basically the way to go.
opcode
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby error454 » 18 Aug 2012, 23:23

I have the basic version of ShiVa, so I can't author plugins. Even if they were somehow superior, I simply cannot afford the encryption certificate yearly fee along with the new version of ShiVa.

I have a single eclipse project that I use for all my ShiVa projects, my export process is:
  • Export stk from ShiVa
  • Drop stk in eclipse assets folder
  • Build

Exporting to eclipse for every project is a good way to encounter pain, tears and agony, which is why I don't.

I've been working on open sourcing this project but have been busy with other projects lately. Currently I have the following SDKs implemented:

• Dropbox
  • Scoreloop
  • Google Cloud Messenging
  • Sony Smartwatch
  • Leadbolt
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby error454 » 18 Aug 2012, 23:47

Also, probably the most important aspect of this is that plugins are C++. The SDK for the remote is an Android SDK (Java).

It is technically possible to implement the Android activity lifecycle in C++ but this is something I wouldn't even try to take on for a simple library. If you're not a JNI and Android whiz, I wouldn't recommend you attempt the plugin route for this.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby opcode » 19 Aug 2012, 14:08

Thanks for your advice error454, it is appreciated. I'll have a closer look into all of this next week.
opcode
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby makkar » 20 Aug 2012, 00:44

error454 wrote:If I had the hardware, I would integrate the SDK but it wouldn't be in a plug-in.

If you had the hardware: Then why wouldn't you (or opcode) start an Indiegogo campain for this? Let's say that you set the development cost as campaign goal, and if at least 10 supporters gather and pay one tenth, than you do it. After that you sell it on the asset store for extra profit. If 10 people won't come, there is no interest in it from other developers.

I don't feel interested in this controller at the moment.
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby error454 » 20 Aug 2012, 00:55

Great idea on the Indiegogo campaign, I had never even considered this. The controller isn't actually in production yet in this case.

Myself, I'm looking for something close to the OUYA controller and I thought this might fit the ticket. I'd like to start start prototyping with a controller to prepare for the april release date.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 26 Nov 2013, 14:39

No Indiegogo campaign yet? Isn't there a better time for it than now that the Store got opened again? :wink:

Anyway, has someone made something usable with the MOGA controller and Shiva, that can be accessed by other developers in some way or other?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby error454 » 16 Dec 2013, 20:34

Hopefully coming soon, just need to build the GUI.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 17 Dec 2013, 08:09

Fine! Please keep me informed about it.

Will it be only for Android? In fact, I know that iOS7 has the new gamecontroller framework, which is used by MOGA on iOS, but Shiva, I guess, might miss that native feature for some time. So, are you doing something with iOS, too?

Stonetrip/ShiVaTech: Will Shiva have built-in support for the iOS7 gamecontroller framework?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby vklymenko » 10 Feb 2014, 15:31

any plugins to purchase for iOS + Moga Hero ? :D i just purchased one from shiva store for android...
vklymenko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby error454 » 10 Feb 2014, 23:23

The iOS solution isn't specific to MOGA, they don't even have an SDK for iOS MOGA because they just use Apple MFi. So all you need is an MFi controller implementation for shiva and it'll cover all gamepads.

I wrote the android input tool but am not planning on writing an iOS one. If someone sends me an iOS device and an iOS gamepad, I'll write one - I only have my iMac and a gen 2 iPod.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Next

Return to Google Android