Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Plugins

[iOS Plugins] available on GPP

ShiVa Plugin Development

[iOS Plugins] available on GPP

Postby GPP » 17 Apr 2011, 19:20

Hi everybody.

After a few months of work, http://www.gameplay-programmer.com is now live.
You can find a bunch of plugins that allows to embed native iOS components inside your ShiVa 3D powered app, just by using the plugin and, most of the time, writing no more than 2 lines of LUA.
When building your application, no need to have xCode or other iPhone development tools, thanks to the Authoring Tool, the plugin will be automatically linked to your app.
It's as easy as it looks: Put the plugin in your game, call it, and build the game with the classic process.
Last edited by GPP on 04 May 2011, 20:27, edited 3 times in total.
GPP
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: [iOS Plugins]

Postby dpharaoh » 17 Apr 2011, 20:28

Nice work!
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 17 Apr 2011, 20:36

I think some screenshots or in-game videos would be even more appetizing. At least I didn't find them on your site, just those thumbnails.

Wish you great sales!
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 21 Apr 2011, 14:55

added your page link to the wiki. i wonder what became of the idea to have an "official stonetrip-approved plugin store".
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: [iOS Plugins] available on GPP

Postby GPP » 22 Apr 2011, 09:19

Thank you very much for adding my site to the wiki, I hope it will be helpful for ShiVa users :)
GPP
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 25 Apr 2011, 05:07

broozar wrote:added your page link to the wiki. i wonder what became of the idea to have an "official stonetrip-approved plugin store".

Well there was something in the latest beta about getting ready for it. My emails to sales never got a response, so I've taken a break from my plugins until I hear something more concrete, especially since stonetrip keep hinting they're doing similar things to what I am.

Anyway, Kudos to GPP for getting in there and doing their own thing.
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby GPP » 04 May 2011, 22:09

makkar wrote:I think some screenshots would be even more appetizing.

Images are now available on the plugin page of my website, thanks for the feedback :)
GPP
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby GPP » 09 Jun 2011, 18:51

All the plugins have been updated to a 1.1 version, with some minor improvments, and a major bug fix on the ActionSheet plugin, next to a user feedback. Thanks :)
GPP
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Scribe » 16 Jul 2011, 02:38

GPP wrote:All the plugins have been updated to a 1.1 version, with some minor improvments, and a major bug fix on the ActionSheet plugin, next to a user feedback. Thanks :)

Hey GPP, I'm looking to create some of my own plug-ins in the future for sale, I notice you have some content protection in place, what approach did you take if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers
ShiVa 3D 1.9.1 | UAT 1.3.1
VS 2010 | Xcode 4.1 | iOS 5.0.1
PC: OS Windows 7 x64 | CPU Phenom II X6 | Memory 16GB | GFX Geforce 480GTX
MacMini: OS OSX 10.7 | CPU i7 3.4ghz | Memory 4GB | GFX ATI 6630M
Scribe
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby GPP » 16 Jun 2012, 22:15

Hi everybody,

I haven't been very active for the past few months, but I'm back with good news.
The prices of all of my plugins have been ajusted to a more attractive cost: $4,99 for lite version and $9,99 for the full one.

Each plugin is also available in a demo version, which is the full version, but limited to 30 days, so do not hesitate to try it, to see how easy it is to work with plugins.
Download it, add it to your game, and use it in the lua script, it is as easy as it sounds.

Here is the link:
http://www.gameplay-programmer.com

In a few clics, you can get a well integrated mail composer appearing as an overlay of your game, display native alerts, show or hide the statusbar smoothly at runtime, and much more.
Last edited by GPP on 11 Dec 2012, 11:53, edited 2 times in total.
GPP
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby makkar » 13 Aug 2012, 20:26

broozar wrote:... i wonder what became of the idea to have an "official stonetrip-approved plugin store".

I wonder, too.

Now, broozar, that you are part of Stonetrip, don't you have an insider's view you can share? :wink:
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 13 Aug 2012, 21:11

there will be a dedicated plugin section in the upcoming ShiVa store. there will be categories for 3d assets (characters, vegetation, weapons, ...), plugins (signed and unsigned), textures, music, ... everything you could need for your game. i have seen it, it's real :) sadly, there are also some minor bugs still which prevent us from releasing the store just yet, but once they are fixed, the plugin store will indeed be part of what you get with the shiva store.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 13 Aug 2012, 22:17

I don't doubt the ShiVa Store is going to be great, I mean the documentation is already great.

Maybe an update could be posted to the facebook quiz you posted? Or at least the solution: It is indeed the Asset Store!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150839747457513&set=a.10150094632492513.270334.22907787512&type=1
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby DoctorPepper » 13 Aug 2012, 23:40

I dont know what i want more, wp7, flash or the store. Catch them all
DoctorPepper
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Plugins