Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Plugins

Getting started with plugins: "self-signing"

ShiVa Plugin Development

Getting started with plugins: "self-signing"

Postby flippout » 27 Oct 2011, 02:46

So I'm getting this error with my newly created test plugin when trying to export a project that uses it:

[+ Warning ] {Import/Export }Skipping plugin com.flippfly.rendertovideo : failed to generate self-signing certificate (C:/Documents and Settings/Aaron/My Documents/Projects/ShivaProject/Plugins/com.flippfly.rendertovideo/S3DKey.cer).

I've been searching through the documentation and these forums for a couple hours now, and I can't seem to find any definitive answer on how this is supposed to work.
To be clear: we don't own a Verisign certificate, and don't intend to buy one since we're not targetting web apps at this time.

This is the closest thing I could find to a solution:
http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=23538&p=35117&hilit=.pem#p35117

Are these steps all necessary just to get a functioning plugin for windows/linux/iOS, or am I missing something here?
flippout
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Getting started with plugins: "self-signing"

Postby giggsy » 27 Oct 2011, 06:53

Here's what I did:

1) download http://developer.stonetrip.com/Download/Misc/openssl.cfg
2) rename to openssl.cnf
3) copy to C:/usr/local/ssl
4) Verify with double click on /ShiVa Editor Advanced/Tools/openssl.exe >> should then say "OpenSSL" and not something like "Couldn’t find config".
5) re-export >> "failed to generate self-signing certificate" should be gone.
giggsy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Getting started with plugins: "self-signing"

Postby flippout » 27 Oct 2011, 16:04

Thanks giggsy, I did something similar after finding another thread on the topic, and I've managed to successfully export!

Would be great if the error were more informative, or better yet, if this could just work out of the box with the Advanced install. Compared to the rest of my experience with the Shiva pipeline, it was surprisingly obtuse :)
flippout
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Return to Plugins