Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Plugins

Where to define external libraries?

ShiVa Plugin Development

Where to define external libraries?

Postby jav3d » 11 Jun 2012, 09:15

Hello, I have 2 questions regarding plugins:

1. If my plugin uses an external API which requires 4 external library files (.so files) where am I supposed to define/add these files so they will be found later at time of plugin compilation?

2. I assume that compiling the plugin for iOS has to be done on Mac. We bought an advanced Shiva3D license and installed shiva3D on a windows machine. How can we now compile our plugin on the Mac machine? I understand that Shiva3D advanced license is per-machine, right? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks for a quick response!

/regards
to live is natural; to die is not!
jav3d
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Where to define external libraries?

Postby peter » 11 Jun 2012, 13:53

2. But UAT is free. You have to export stk file from shiva editor, and then use this file in UAT installed on mac machine. btw you can migrate shiva editor licenses.
peter
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby jav3d » 12 Jun 2012, 06:55

peter wrote:2. But UAT is free. You have to export stk file from shiva editor, and then use this file in UAT installed on mac machine. btw you can migrate shiva editor licenses.

Thanks for your response peter, however, I've been compiling the windows and android plugins from within the Shiva Editor. In Data Explorer/Plugins double cklicking on the plugin opens up a windows where you can compile for Android and Windows, but the iOS tab is reddend-out. So I assume one has to be running the Shiva Editor on a Mac to be able to compile for iOS.

Migrating licenses could be an option, but I assume after compiling I have to again migrate the license back tothe main windows-based development machine, right? This would become a headache if I have to often compile plugins for iOS.

Is there no better/simpler solution?

Also, can anyone please help about where to define external libraries when compiling plugin for windows/android?

Many thanks in advance!
jav3d
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby dreamora » 12 Jun 2012, 07:24

There is no shiva editor for osx, only UAT for OSX
And yes that one actually has to be installed on OSX to build for Mac and iOS, you can not do that outside osx
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby jav3d » 12 Jun 2012, 10:17

dreamora wrote:There is no shiva editor for osx, only UAT for OSX
And yes that one actually has to be installed on OSX to build for Mac and iOS, you can not do that outside osx

Thanks dreamora, Yes, I do have UAT installed on the Mac machine and I do regularly build for iOS on it, copying over the .stk exported from Shiva Editor.

So if I understand correctly, are you saying there is no need to "compile" my plugin and just export the game STK, then copy over to Mac machine and build with UAT? And this will build the game as well as the plugin for iOS?

/regards
jav3d
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Return to Plugins