Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Adobe Flash 11

ShiVa Flash 11 engine preview

Alternative to ShiVa's Web Player

Re: ShiVa Flash 11 engine preview

Postby broozar » 12 Jun 2012, 08:22

are you sure the crossdomain.xml is in the correct spot? it might not always be the root directory, but the root of the domain...
another idea: https://www.website.com/api/createItem looks like there's some redirection going on, you are not calling the XML directly. try that, maybe it works.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 12 Jun 2012, 08:43

giggsy wrote:<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false" />
>> what does the secure do when set to true?

To my understanding, secure="false" will allow non-secure (http) access, too.

@broozar: The crossdomain.xml file seems to be in the root of the domain like this:
https://www.website.com/crossdomain.xml

Just to make sure I get this crossdomain topic right: I want to access another server, other than my own server where the Flash files reside. I don't need a crossdomain.xml file in this case, right? Only the other server needs to host it to allow access to my Flash app.

another idea: https://www.website.com/api/createItem looks like there's some redirection going on, you are not calling the XML directly. try that, maybe it works.

I don't know what you mean with redirection, but of course there is no premade xml to call, as this is a dynamic web-service. The service receives the xml request with parameters and the backend will provide an answer xml on the fly. When I tried with my own server, it was a plain premade xml file, that worked.
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 12 Jun 2012, 09:14

makkar wrote:Just to make sure I get this crossdomain topic right: I want to access another server, other than my own server where the Flash files reside. I don't need a crossdomain.xml file in this case, right? Only the other server needs to host it to allow access to my Flash app.

As I understand it, Flash is a client-side technology. Where you store the html and the swf is irrelevant. It will be downloaded into the browser cache and executed. To access any xml file from within that now-client flash app, you need the crossdomain.xml for the server where your target xml is stored.

makkar wrote:I don't know what you mean with redirection, but of course there is no premade xml to call, as this is a dynamic web-service.

website.com/api/createItem obviously has some form of redirection going on. The URL you are accessing looks probably like createImtem.php?id=12312341&session=sdfsdfsdfsdf or something like that. the script might not even be on the server. Maybe the domain name is just a redirect itself, and website.com is some.randmocompany.hu in reality, but you can't see it.
what i am saying is, there might be something wrong with the service you are using.

i remember when we (not stonetrip) purchased a domain name for our game, we were redirecting the domain name to our web storage. But the redirection was handled by the company that sold the domain name. Every time we would access the domain, we would have a different IP, because every access would go through different proxies. Since our log on was ip-based, we had to change companies. Might be something similar with that service... But the truth is: i am just as puzzles as you are.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby RawenGroup » 12 Jun 2012, 09:47

RawenGroup
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby makkar » 12 Jun 2012, 10:05

@Rawengroup: thanks, this is the link I posted before. But I can't modify the webservice's crossdomain.xml file.

@broozar: thanks for the clarifications. I'll have to contact the webservice for support.

But the error may be what I have just read on the beta site that in this Flash export version SOAP may not work. How do I know if I am using SOAP?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 12 Jun 2012, 16:06

If you use the XML functionality, especially for external files, I would assume to be using SOAP, as I doubt that Shiva has multiple XML libraries / layers integrated for the different cases you could access XMLs
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 12 Jun 2012, 17:09

Then maybe this is the reason that as it was announced, this beta version's SOAP is really not working.
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 01 Aug 2012, 20:20

From the Azoth site:
How do the terms apply to tools that leverage the premium capabilities such as like HAXE, Azoth and Apparat?
If developers create content using 3rd party tools that leverage the premium capabilities, the content will need to have a license from Adobe to run correctly in Flash Player after August 1, 2012. Otherwise, the content is unaffected.

Will Shiva flash apps optimized with Azoth stop working tomorrow?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 01 Aug 2012, 20:36

Indeed using Flash "premium" features will require a license. Adobe should give more info this month.

Official announcement:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/premium-features.html
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 10 Oct 2012, 13:17

In my situation, when I don't develop a Flash3D application for myself, but for a client, who should eventually buy a license?

For example, the door catalogue would be converted to Flash3D on my clients's website. If he sells doors over $50000 value through this, would he be required to pay 9%?

Or is it concerning just me: I get my one time development fee from the client, lower than $50000, so nobody needs to pay to Adobe in the end?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 10 Oct 2012, 14:28

makkar wrote:In my situation, when I don't develop a Flash3D application for myself, but for a client, who should eventually buy a license?

For example, the door catalogue would be converted to Flash3D on my clients's website. If he sells doors over $50000 value through this, would he be required to pay 9%?

Or is it concerning just me: I get my one time development fee from the client, lower than $50000, so nobody needs to pay to Adobe in the end?

If he makes the money from the app he has to license it. He will also have to put the domain files up that are used and required for the premium, so even if he would like to push it upon you he can't do it :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 10 Oct 2012, 15:36

dreamora wrote:If he makes the money from the app he has to license it.

Well, not really "from" the app. He has a traditional 2D web-catalogue of his doors, and additionally, visitors can launch the 3D viewer for each door. But buyers do not pay for or order the doors inside this "app", so the "app" in itself is not generating revenue.

Of course, it would need licensing, but would it practically be subject to that 9% royalty for the client?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 10 Oct 2012, 18:03

makkar wrote:
dreamora wrote:If he makes the money from the app he has to license it.

Well, not really "from" the app. He has a traditional 2D web-catalogue of his doors, and additionally, visitors can launch the 3D viewer for each door. But buyers do not pay for or order the doors inside this "app", so the "app" in itself is not generating revenue.

Of course, it would need licensing, but would it practically be subject to that 9% royalty for the client?

Its their page, their product and their 'advertisement venue', so yes they have to get the Adobe license.
If they are subject to pay anything and how much is up to Adobe to decide, as their use case is a corner case as it makes no direct money (no monetize or ad banners) yet they use it to advertise their whole business.

dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Previous

Return to Adobe Flash 11