Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Adobe Flash 11

releasing flash game on site

Alternative to ShiVa's Web Player

releasing flash game on site

Postby harold35 » 23 Apr 2012, 08:22

With the new possibility to export applications on flash 11, there is the possibility to make some money by selling flash game.

does anyone has experience on this kind of thing? Is there site which is know to sell games in flash?
harold35
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: releasing flash game on site

Postby dreamora » 23 Apr 2012, 08:29

Flash games aren't sold and can reasonably not be sold as they run in a browser (-> no copy protection basically beside domain verification)
They are normally put onto portals like kongregate and played there with the income generated through advertising or features that come from the usage of a network connection to a database.

Also keep 2 things in mind:
1. You aren't targeting flash but Flash Stage 3D (means Flash 11.1++)
2. later this year Adobe will enforce a 9% Royality model for Stage 3D content (Flash Premium) that uses both of the required cores for reasonable performance for most games that one would even want to use Stage 3D for where the whole vector capabilities are missing. These two cores are fast memory opcodes -> flash script execution speed & 3d hardware acceleration -> rendering of 3D on gpu instead of cpu
Last edited by dreamora on 23 Apr 2012, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby giggsy » 23 Apr 2012, 08:49

A prof. flash game developer once told me, that you can possibly make more money when selling your game on http://www.flashgamelicense.com/ instead of putting it on X of the game websites. You might wanna check that out. It's been a few years ;)
giggsy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby harold35 » 24 Apr 2012, 13:46

thank you for this advices :).

Does somebody know if the flash game generated by shiva uses systematically StageVideo or Stage3D and needs to be embedded on webpages with wmode="direct" ?
harold35
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 24 Apr 2012, 14:52

Its Stage3D and as such requires Flash 11.1 / 11.2
no special keywords etc required, as its all handled in flash itself
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Adobe Flash 11