Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to HP/Palm webOS

Authoring install on connected device ?

Palm Phones and Tablets

Authoring install on connected device ?

Postby snovelo » 09 Jan 2011, 11:57

I was wondering how to get that working on a real device. Does anyone know how to "connect" the palm device , to shiva ? or to the authoring tool ? I'm a bit confused as to what that means or how to do it. I looked around in the docs but can't find anything clear , the only thing I found was on the tools to use the device as a remote, but nothing on how to connect the device to install an app to it form the Shiva Authoring tool. Any info appreciated.
snovelo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Authoring install on connected device ?

Postby error454 » 19 Jan 2011, 21:55

You need to have the Palm SDK installed (including the PDK). Once you do, you configure the authoring tool to let it know where your palm sdk folders are. The authoring tool then compiles your project and installs it to the device.

I would recommend installing the shiva tools project. It allows you to pull exported Shiva projects directly from your computer without having to compile them with the authoring tool.

Note, you enable the app server from the Settings window of the Shiva Editor.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dpharaoh » 19 Jan 2011, 22:08

The documentation for the Authoring Tool is pretty good at telling you what you need also. (the .pdf version)
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby snovelo » 20 Jan 2011, 03:52

Oh, it installs it on the emulator ? I thought it would install it on a real device. Yes I have the sdk installed with pdk , and I did install it on connected device to emulator, I just thought it meant on real device. Thnx for the help.
snovelo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby error454 » 20 Jan 2011, 03:58

Oh, it installs it on the emulator ?

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say emulator. If you are talking about the virtual box WebOS emulator, no, it does not install to that.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby snovelo » 20 Jan 2011, 06:55

Yeah it installed to the emulator, I guess I have to read the sdk documentation then.
snovelo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to HP/Palm webOS