Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

Integration help

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

Integration help

Postby jharr100 » 26 Jan 2011, 21:22

Is there another/more efficient way to integrate multiple projects instead of copying the project folder to one place. The reason being is that we have multiple people working on a project and need to combine the work in one project. However, the current process of combining is just copying different folders into the demo-able project folder.

Thanks so much for you help.
jharr100
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Integration help

Postby 8DashP » 26 Jan 2011, 21:26

Sounds like you need a version control system

The recent Shiva newsletter mentioned 1.9.1 would have merging projects and SVN, which I'm not how exactly it'l be integrated, but may do what you want.

But I current use TortoiseHG and Mercurial to work on 2 different machines and merge any changes between the two of them.

Have you used a version control system before?
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby jharr100 » 26 Jan 2011, 21:31

Yes. We have Tortoise SVN but we have not tried using it with ShiVa. We used to use it with Torque.
jharr100
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 26 Jan 2011, 21:33

jharr100 wrote:Yes. We have Tortoise SVN but we have not tried using it with ShiVa. We used to use it with Torque.

Well that should work fine, so give it a go.
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby jharr100 » 26 Jan 2011, 21:40

OK thanks a lot. I think we are going to try the Mercurial out.
jharr100
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows