Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to External tools

Messiah:Studio v5 'Dare to Share' promo for just $10 or $40

Tools for ShiVa...

Re: Messiah:Studio v5 'Dare to Share' promo for just $10 or $40

Postby 8DashP » 10 Feb 2011, 20:20

broozar wrote:so it's generous if a company gives its softare away for free (unity), but if they charge you 10 or 40 bucks to do advertising for them (viral marketing), they (messiah) are in financial trouble ;) or what

Good point broozar,

Well despite me knowing if I'll ever make use of it, I just plonked down my $40. Wouldn't be the first time I've spent $40 (or more) on something and never made use of it :wink: If I didn't get it, I'm sure I'd regret it afterwards anyway.

Of course what the follow on effect of this could be is another story. Was browsing around the Messiah site and saw the video showing the 3D-Coat plugin, so then I go looking at 3D-Coat, which looks great, if you have another $350, and then who knows where that would lead too. All this and I can't even do proper 3D modelling yet :!:
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby michax » 11 Feb 2011, 10:58

broozar wrote:so it's generous if a company gives its softare away for free (unity), but if they charge you 10 or 40 bucks to do advertising for them (viral marketing), they (messiah) are in financial trouble ;) or what

Who knows :) I would spend money even if it was last release of messiah. But i hope they will earn some money on next upgrades and stay with us.

I think beside free advertising, there is other advantage.
Messiah is software which is meant to integrate with another apps.
And if user base will increase there is hope for more live connection to come :)
michax
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 11 Feb 2011, 14:41

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this application good for? I tried to look ar their website but couldn't get a broad understanding.

Can it do lightmapping, for example?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby redmotion » 11 Feb 2011, 15:53

@makkar: feature list is here: http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/products.html

You can't do polygon modelling with it, which to me is it's major short-coming, but it does -I haven't tried yet - do texturebaking/lightmapping.

The Key-frame-based Point animation is the most impressive feature - I think its the only animation app that has it (as a specific feature but it's not much good for game dev... yet)
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 11 Feb 2011, 18:07

I feel awkward, but I can't find anything related to lightmapping, (UV) texture baking in the docs:

http://www.eggswhyzed.com/messiah_docs/
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby redmotion » 15 Feb 2011, 10:54

I hope everyone who wanted a copy bought one because they met the target. :D

February 14th 2011
114 Countries. 35,000 hits. 103,000 combined views. Multiple records broken.
In 7 days you have left your mark on the history of the internet, and made a lot of people happy

Thanks to the OP for pointing me to this deal.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 15 Feb 2011, 11:01

redmotion wrote:I hope everyone who wanted a copy bought one because they met the target.

For those who didn't, they've got 3 hours left.
Russell - http://store.synapticbytes.com - Software Store now open, including ShiVa3D assets
Checkout sbPhysics, the bullet physics plugin, plus the Partifex particle libraries on the store
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby pedroasecas » 15 Feb 2011, 11:09

@ redmotion: You're welcome :). Hope you enjoy the app and find it useful. I'm sure I will.

There are still about 13h left to order a license, just go to the shop page. They set up a grace period in case some fence sitters decide to take a last minute dive in, or if anyone had trouble accesing the page or ordering. Let's see how we can integrate the software with Shiva, and if the new, larger and probably more diverse user base leads pmG to make improvements in the integration with game pipelines. As new users, we acquired the right to nag them about collada export, texture baking and whatnot, didn't we? :)
pedroasecas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby broozar » 15 Feb 2011, 11:40

hooray! still, 100k impressions and 35k hits doesn't sound that much. i wonder what's the standard for other 3d software packages.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby redmotion » 15 Feb 2011, 11:49

EDIT: combined views = total views. 35,000 hits is unique viewers.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 21 Feb 2011, 04:59

So,

Did everyone get their registration email? As usual, these things come in for me when I'm not able to get to my development machine.
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby redmotion » 21 Feb 2011, 09:32

Not heard anything yet.

BTW I tried out the global illumination baking at the weekend and works very well. VERY fast. I'm now desperate to try the complete version, to get some models into Shiva and see how they look.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby 8DashP » 21 Feb 2011, 09:49

Well my email arrived 11 hours ago now, so hopefully you'll have it soon.
8DashP
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby makkar » 21 Feb 2011, 14:57

redmotion wrote:Not heard anything yet.

BTW I tried out the global illumination baking at the weekend and works very well. VERY fast...

Would you please direct me to a document or tutorial that describes global illumination baking, please?

Also, can you post some of your result, perhaps?
makkar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 21 Feb 2011, 15:10

8DashP wrote:Well my email arrived 11 hours ago now, so hopefully you'll have it soon.

lucky you, i also didn't get anything yet.
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to External tools