Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Final Work

Chule Wants a Cookie!

Final work

Re: Chule Wants a Cookie!

Postby giggsy » 16 Apr 2011, 12:20

I highly recommend reading the gamesfromwithin blog, like http://gamesfromwithin.com/making-a-living-comfortably-on-the-app-store =)

IAP is actually a must have!
E.g.: marketingwise, you got to go free for 24h to 3 days and thus you earn nothing.
With IAP, you still earn something via IAP ;)
giggsy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby fzuleta » 18 Apr 2011, 21:26

heeey everyone, so Its been accepted in the appstore :D not sure how to get the exact link, but if u search "Chule" you'll find it :)

here's a paper cow to celebrate ^^
http://chulewantsacookie.com/paperToyCow.jpg

:) let me know what u think!

giggsy: Thanks for the link! it really was an amazing read :) gonna plan some stuff for the next update
fzuleta
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 18 Apr 2011, 22:52

Hey congrats! Downloading it right now!

here's a paper cow to celebrate ^^

Excellent! Will print it for my children :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby cgvinny » 18 Apr 2011, 22:57

Congrats !

just bought it...

but

unable to play on Iphone 3G : it closes and go back to the apps menu while trying to load the levels view.

a suggestion : you splash screen is on landscape view while the screen is in portrait view... You should adapt your splashscreen IMO.

Hope to ba able to play it soon ;-)
cgvinny
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby fzuleta » 19 Apr 2011, 04:14

Hi cgvinnyy thx for getting it ^^ bu woah, it worries me you couldn't play it, it happened to me too on my testing devices, did u try restarting the os? Please let me know, I'll be checking out for a solution , maybe I'm preloading too much
fzuleta
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby cgvinny » 20 Apr 2011, 01:12

fzuleta wrote: did u try restarting the os?

Yes I tried to reload it but it doesn't work on Iphone 3G.

By the way, you really have to follow people with your Twitter account, or nobody will know you and your app ;)
cgvinny
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby fzuleta » 20 Apr 2011, 05:32

cgvinny ^^ checking that on twitter, gonna work on it haha thx! :D

I'm also preparing an update, should be ready for next week, where im compressing and reducing the size of the images, trying to get the game under 20mb, hopefully this will make it work for 3G (the only problem is I dont have a 3G testing device, i only have Ipad and 3GS) but maybe the simulator will do the trick ^^

I also have a little ad ready to go for 4 days (this weekend) on reddit.com hopefully its a good idea :D

fzuleta
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby fzuleta » 20 Apr 2011, 08:44

a few promocodes! (just figured them out)

6XE6PEMT3L6T
M4E7A9YHNXAE
FFXTR9R9T9XE
PF4PK3TPRKWJ

enjoy! and hope u like it!
fzuleta
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby cgvinny » 20 Apr 2011, 11:14

Thx for the promo codes ;)
How do they work ?

Don't forget to contact Iphone/Ipad websites like FingerGaming or App advice daily, and give them some promo codes for their audience ;-)
cgvinny
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Dany0 » 20 Apr 2011, 20:38

Plans for android? The artwork isn't bad, but the gameplay looks really average =/
Shiva 2.0.
Dany0
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby cgvinny » 20 Apr 2011, 21:18

Dany0 wrote:Plans for android? The artwork isn't bad, but the gameplay looks really average =/

Mode troll on : could you develop a bit ? I don't find the gameplay average at all. it's easy to use, yes, but it could be really deep and offers a lot possibilities IMO.

edit : OK no need to answer. Just remembered your introduction post. you are the 15 years old genius with no social skill :mrgreen: . I won't understand you answer (I am as average as the Chule gameplay :D )
cgvinny
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby fzuleta » 21 Apr 2011, 04:59

hello :)
hahaha thx Cgvinny ^^ cool

Dany0: yep I do have plans for the Android, but cant get all the packages to make Shiva-Android work together under parallels ^^' (the 'make' thing is driving me crazy)

as a little leak on what im working on for next world, is to first add multiple 'boards' in one level that you can jump to, and add one enemy (I was thinking to add a little lake with a fish, that actually eats chule if he gets too close haha (maybe its a little aggresive but, gotta try it to see.

today i realized 2 things I'd like to share [this is just how I feel]:

:idea: learn to hear your project, it knows where it wants to go... ur just the conductor

:idea: its hard stuff to make it fun and enjoyable, I found myself redoing e...very...thing... all over again many times :D [showing it and being open to harsh critique from two people I trust really helped, I annoyed them a lot!], would u guys believe that this game started with the idea of making a game where u spit from the top and try to dodge stairs? [dont know if thats necessary to know but... yeah redoing stuff early morning ^^ haha]

btw paper pig is up! http://chulewantsacookie.com/paperToyPig.jpg enjoy!

thank you! Cheers!
fzuleta
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby michax » 21 Apr 2011, 12:43

Hi,

Thanks for promo codes :)
I tried to run your game but it crashes after trying to load first map.
I'm testing on Ipod 2g, A1288 model. (tech. spec. similar to iphone 3g)
michax
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Dany0 » 21 Apr 2011, 16:28

cgvinny wrote:Mode troll on : could you develop a bit ? I don't find the gameplay average at all. it's easy to use, yes, but it could be really deep and offers a lot possibilities IMO.

Okay, I didn't play it but still, cute things acquiring cute objects using player's gestures. I mean come on, we've seen this already. I just imagine the core idea of the game was:

fzuleta wrote:(the 'make' thing is driving me crazy)

What do you mean? You get the error while compiling? Just open up the cygwin installer again and make sure you've checked to install "make". I've made the same mistake.
Shiva 2.0.
Dany0
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby dpharaoh » 21 Apr 2011, 16:49

There is no such thing as an original idea!

I did get it and play it. It's well done and has room for improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a tremendous success. The physics and gameplay work well, it just needs a bit more polish.

I wish I had the art and design skills to do something like that! I can code up a tornado, but can't UV a ball to save my life ;)
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to Final Work