Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Apple Mac OS X

Problems with screen flicker with Safari 5.0.3 (6533.19.4)

OS X on Intel and the Mac App Store

Problems with screen flicker with Safari 5.0.3 (6533.19.4)

Postby realityhacker » 20 Apr 2011, 12:37

Hi there,

I'm considering using Shiva for a project targetting mobile phones as well as web users. I tried the technology preview on a Mac, but instead of getting a smooth response from the application I had a lot of flickering on the screen. Is this likely to be a bug in the mac viewer? How responsive are you guys to tracking down and resolving this kind of issue. I am worried that if we commit our application to a third party, like Shiva, we will be beholden to the level of support that you offer. Can you give me any good news on this front?

Regards,
Joe
realityhacker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Problems with screen flicker with Safari 5.0.3 (6533.19.4)

Postby NiCoX » 20 Apr 2011, 13:43

Hi,

Could you give us more info? model of your Mac, Mac OS X version, and ideally the URL you are testing?
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby realityhacker » 20 Apr 2011, 20:04

It's a macbook pro running macos 10.6.6 (2.8GHz intel machine).

It's basically all the demo on this page: http://www.stonetrip.com/shiva-3d-engine-technical-demo.html

I downloaded and installed the viewer, which it did automatically, and then it downloaded the application. There was flicker and screen tearing. I closed the window and tried again and was greated with a blank screen (see attachment).

Joe
realityhacker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 20 Apr 2011, 20:27

Hi,

Yes I repro the black screen on my Mac on this page. We have to look at that but it seems it's not related to the player itself, as with a "regular" web page (not a fancy popup) it works well.
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby realityhacker » 20 Apr 2011, 23:10

Ok, that's good to know. I found that sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't. It could possibly be an iframe issue - however all of your demos run in an iframe, so it would be good to get it fixed :).

Can you let me know when it's resolved please? (Or point me to a bug number that I can track myself.)

Many thanks,
Joe
realityhacker
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Apple Mac OS X