Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Plugins

Mac Plugin creation

ShiVa Plugin Development

Mac Plugin creation

Postby Danka00 » 10 Jul 2011, 10:23

Hi,I'd like to know if the procedure I used is right.

-I've created my first plugin structure in Shiva;

-Double click in the data explore on Myplugin;

-In Edit Plugin Properties => Plugin Binaries ,clicked on Mac Action Icon and choosed Export Plugin Project.

Thank you very much!!
Danka00
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mac Plugin creation

Postby NiCoX » 10 Jul 2011, 11:35

Yes, now you just have to open the com.mycompany.myplugin/Make/Mac/MyPlugin.xcodeproj file in Xcode (on a Mac) then build it.
Once finished, you have to import it back into ShiVa, using "Import plug-in binary" (same "menu" than the export thing).
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Danka00 » 12 Jul 2011, 20:56

Ok thanks!
Another question, when creating my plugin in Xcode, I've to forget about Shiva?That is, when coding my plugin I only use Apple frameworks, and then when done my Shiva App will import the plugin as a closed box to open with a function in my code?
Isn't true?
Thank you very much!
Danka00
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 12 Jul 2011, 21:17

Another question, when creating my plugin in Xcode, I've to forget about Shiva? That is, when coding my plugin I only use Apple frameworks, and then when done my Shiva App will import the plugin as a closed box to open with a function in my code?

Yes and no. You can make a "Apple only" plug-in if you want (in that case you are totally right), but you can also use all S3DX functions, for instance to send events to objects in your Shiva scene. You can even code all your game logic in a plug-in function.
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Danka00 » 12 Jul 2011, 21:32

That's interesting!So for instance, (I'm just trying to understand :D ) suppose my plugin creates a calculator, user in shiva could make an addition and the result could rotate a box in my scene with a certain angle of rotation?
All this calling S3DX functions in my apple code?Is it something like writing a document in spanish and at certain point leaving a comment in english knowing that an english person will read it?
Thank you!
Danka00
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 12 Jul 2011, 21:37

Exactly :)
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Plugins