Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Microsoft Windows

windows store

Windows DX9/OpenGL 2 Standalone Apps

windows store

Postby harold35 » 09 Dec 2011, 17:36

With windows 8, the windows store will come (with application for pc). Does anybody have an idear if it will be possible to put the application make for pc with the uat on this store ?
harold35
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: windows store

Postby dreamora » 09 Dec 2011, 18:04

not with the current one because the whole engine needs a new build target and a lot of work. at least not if you wanted MS to handle it

It needs to use DX11 and WinRT if it wants to go there, it will not work if you use Win32 API and DX9, such apps go through only as legacy which MS will only list but anything beyond that has to be handled by you.

And Win8 on ARM devices is not possible at all as there was no ARM Windows prior win8 :)
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby broozar » 09 Dec 2011, 23:37

latest word is, arm-win8 will come, but run only metro apps. so it's more like a winphone os
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby harold35 » 11 Dec 2011, 16:16

:(

Thank you for your answerd !
harold35
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 11 Dec 2011, 16:26

broozar wrote:latest word is, arm-win8 will come, but run only metro apps. so it's more like a winphone os

we will see
Cause MS is already considering native code for WP7, so I am not all that sure that they are really trying to shot their leg when it comes to tablet market before they even started. Cause With ARM15 quad cores at 2ghz per core, we will see desktop alike apps and if they are force gimped to 'crap' then Win8 won't see any chance in the tablet market at all.
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Microsoft Windows