Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Import

ShivaTools 1.5.2 'No Skinned Mesh Available'  [SOLVED]

Resources Import, formats, techniques and optimisation

ShivaTools 1.5.2 'No Skinned Mesh Available'

Postby Strokey44 » 23 Aug 2011, 00:50

Hello, I'm using 3ds max 2012 to make and import a non-biped character. I have skinned and animated the object in 3ds max 2012. But when I use ShivaTools 1.5.2, it says I have no skinned mesh available. Which I know I do, because when I click repair for non skinned meshes, it tells me that my object is a skinned mesh. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be helpful. :D

And yes, I have tried updating the panel. Mesh still doesn't appear in the drop down list.
Strokey44
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: ShivaTools 1.5.2 'No Skinned Mesh Available'  [SOLVED]

Postby Strokey44 » 23 Aug 2011, 02:18

Okay, found the problem, it seems to not work if I add the skin modifier after I change the object to an editable mesh.

Edit: Okay that wasn't exactly the problem. I'm new to 3ds max, I made the object from a box primative, but instead of adding an edit mesh modifier, I converted the object to an editable mesh. Which is apparently a no-no.
Strokey44
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: ShivaTools 1.5.2 'No Skinned Mesh Available'

Postby starfox11 » 23 Mar 2012, 21:26

How were you able to install Shivatools with Max 2012? It won't let me use the path.
starfox11
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Strokey44 » 24 Mar 2012, 23:17

I will reinstall it and see how I did it. I haven't used it in such a long time. Been focusing all my time on programming lately.
Strokey44
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby Strokey44 » 25 Mar 2012, 22:35

Sorry it took so long. But all I did was install 3ds Max 2012, then install ShivaTools 1.5.2, during the install it will ask you to browse for the location of the 3ds Max 2012 folder, which for me is. C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2012 and then click install, and then follow the directions that pop up afterwards to give to access to the plugin within 3ds Max. Also, make sure you run all installers as an admin, sometimes permission is denied if you don't.
Strokey44
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Return to Import