Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Google Android

Landscape orientation problems

Google Play Store, Amazon Kindle, Nook, and so many more

Landscape orientation problems

Postby ImperialPenguin » 12 Apr 2012, 13:45

I've been trying to implement HTC's stereoscopic library and hadn't had much success until I realized that the manifest needs to be set to landscape, otherwise you will get an error of "Orientation 0 not support for 3D overlay" or something of that nature. Anyhow, I set my manifest to landscape, but now I can't get the pictures side by side! Since Shiva expects to run in portrait mode, it doesn't play nice when Android tries to force it into landscape mode. Is there something I can edit in the java files to resolve this issue?

Furthermore, and WAY more annoying, as soon as my application loses focus and I bring it back into focus, the app has reverted to portrait mode! How in the world is it overriding the manifest, and what can I do to stop that from happening? It is annoying enough without the 3d code, but when the 3d code is running the screen just comes up black because it will not work in portrait mode.
ImperialPenguin
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Landscape orientation problems

Postby lyraemd » 13 Apr 2012, 00:38

Hi there,
did you tried this?
application.setOption ( application.kOptionViewportRotation, 3)
lyraemd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby ImperialPenguin » 13 Apr 2012, 01:55

Yes, but the program still autorotates because it expects to be in portrait, but I think I found the solution in this thread:

http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=22224&p=29088&hilit=force+orientation#p29088

I'll have to give it a try later on today when I have time, but it seems like what I need. I don't know why I didn't see that post when I was searching the forum for a solution earlier. Once I get my code all cleaned up, I'll post a tutorial for anyone else who wants to get Shiva working with autostereoscopic phones.
ImperialPenguin
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby error454 » 14 Apr 2012, 21:48

I meant to post here, check your link above, I posted the solution in there.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Google Android