Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Google Android

$$$ I will pay someone for Leadbolt integration / plugin

Google Play Store, Amazon Kindle, Nook, and so many more

Re: $$$ I will pay someone for Leadbolt integration / plugin

Postby redmotion » 23 Mar 2012, 15:45

Doesn't anyone else wish there was an easier way to combine external stuff like this? Having to do this every time you want to do a build is a total pain.

Couldn't there be some additional stuff added to the UAT to make this automatic?

EDIT:
Code editors/debuggers should be moved to Eclipse/Visual Studio

ShiVa still needs the scripting layer built into the editor. That's a step forwards. Waiting for compiles to complete everytime you want to test something is a step backwards imo. A step forwards would be the introduction of unit testing.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby shikeyou » 25 Mar 2012, 05:59

redmotion wrote:Doesn't anyone else wish there was an easier way to combine external stuff like this? Having to do this every time you want to do a build is a total pain.

Couldn't there be some additional stuff added to the UAT to make this automatic?

I totally second this. I have to integrate my ads into the generated iOS/Android projects every time I have a new version, by manually inserting chunks of codes and editing manifest files etc. This is really quite a troublesome process.
shikeyou
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby redmotion » 25 Mar 2012, 08:27

I suppose the simplest implementation would be "shiva bat" files (*. sbat) with some text file editing commands. These would be added to a "pre-compile" scripts section in the UAT.
Commands could be like this "inserttextfromfile" which would take text from txt file, look for an entry in another text file (like the manifest) and insert the text there.

Obviously it could also do things like substitute or delete lines or sections of text too.

Edit: an alternative would be tighter integration with named 3rd party libraries which are all included and selected from a drop down in the UAT, you could then export a project from the UAT with all the basic hookups done automatically and then have the batch file adding in custom functions and handlers, so that there's no reason to leave UAT (other than to get a better looking icon :P ) once it's all set up.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby error454 » 31 Mar 2012, 11:30

You guys should have a stock eclipse project that you can use for all your games. It should incorporate all the 3rd party support you need and when you start a new project, all you should have to do is branch the code, rename the project, update your icons and copy your .smf in. Maybe we shiva folks should throw the ultimate android shiva shell onto github.

I'd be happy to toss up my ice cream sandwich shell that I use along with help integrate these libraries properly. I breath android.
error454
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Rotundjere2 » 01 Apr 2012, 15:06

@straybullet

yeah, I already know Admob is a Scam :evil:

I also use Leadbolt & Airpush and I don't think people will need special plugin (for push notification ads) because you can directly modify AndroidManifest.xml (on eclipse)
Rotundjere2
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby redmotion » 01 Apr 2012, 15:47

Pretty disappointed with Leadbolt so far. In development mode the Ads just pop up blank and they don't pause the game in the background which I consider a totally unacceptable experience.

However, they do have html-based "Appwalls" which I might use instead (and no SDK required) but if GrabBlox on Android is anything to go by, even the popup menus are buggy.

Their website is pretty atrocious too.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Rotundjere2 » 01 Apr 2012, 20:21

redmotion wrote:Pretty disappointed with Leadbolt so far. In development mode the Ads just pop up blank and they don't pause the game in the background which I consider a totally unacceptable experience.

However, they do have html-based "Appwalls" which I might use instead (and no SDK required) but if GrabBlox on Android is anything to go by, even the popup menus are buggy.

you need hundreds/thousands ad impresions, try push notification... it make more money 8)
Rotundjere2
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby shikeyou » 02 Apr 2012, 18:30

error454 wrote:You guys should have a stock eclipse project that you can use for all your games. It should incorporate all the 3rd party support you need and when you start a new project, all you should have to do is branch the code, rename the project, update your icons and copy your .smf in. Maybe we shiva folks should throw the ultimate android shiva shell onto github.

I was thinking if something like this was possible i.e. a single file replacement to update the Eclipse project. Thanks for the confirmation. :D
shikeyou
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby straybullet » 01 May 2012, 23:19

Leadbolt ads do not pause my apps or games, do not know why you are experiencing that. Mobile advertising takes massive amount of users to start making money. I have millions of users a month and only making thousands with Leadbolt. But I have several publisher accounts and do more than just games.

I use to try to make 4 apps a week, but right now got lazy and barely do 1 or 2. Anyways the money is there if you get the traffic.

redmotion wrote:Pretty disappointed with Leadbolt so far. In development mode the Ads just pop up blank and they don't pause the game in the background which I consider a totally unacceptable experience.

straybullet
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby redmotion » 02 May 2012, 14:47

Leadbolt ads do not pause my apps or games, do not know why you are experiencing that.

They do if you don't have an internet connection switched on.

I use to try to make 4 apps a week

Do you have a few links to these I can take a look at? (PM them if you prefer).
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Previous

Return to Google Android