Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Installation & Configuration

Shiva Editor de-licensing frequently? and other oddness

Shiva Editor de-licensing frequently? and other oddness

Postby tacroy » 09 Sep 2011, 15:53

Hello!
I recently purchased shiva basic and it seems like every few days it becomes un-licensed and requires me to come online and "migrate" my license to get going again. It's a hassle but today was really frustrating since I was at a doctors waiting room and didn't have internet. I ended up doing it through my phone, but it was not optimal.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm not moving it between computers (though I will when I get my new home pc) It's always been on my laptop. Just says it needs to be activated again when I start it. And it always has a slightly different computer ID. If it's anything like windows xp was, the computer ID would only change when you added or removed hardware and I haven't (I have a dell precision m6400) I do mess around with drivers a far bit (mainly for developing) so could that be triggering it?

The other oddness I am seeing is that occasionally the interface will start freaking out with the drop down boxes all flashing white and the list in the data explorer looking like its constantly trying to refresh.

Thanks for any and all help!
tacroy
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Shiva Editor de-licensing frequently? and other oddness

Postby Scribe » 09 Sep 2011, 18:29

Your computer ID shouldn't change in theory.

If it's changing it could potentially be because certain hardware is faulty or being connected/disconnected or perhaps you have a virus.

For me I've not had to migrate once and my ID has remained constant.
ShiVa 3D 1.9.1 | UAT 1.3.1
VS 2010 | Xcode 4.1 | iOS 5.0.1
PC: OS Windows 7 x64 | CPU Phenom II X6 | Memory 16GB | GFX Geforce 480GTX
MacMini: OS OSX 10.7 | CPU i7 3.4ghz | Memory 4GB | GFX ATI 6630M
Scribe
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby Zdrobot » 01 Feb 2012, 14:06

Guys, I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm a complete newbie at the moment,
have just purchased myself a Basic license. Please bear with me.

I can see that the licence is attached to the computer, which is understandable. But is it possible to move development process to another machine? I'm going to get a new laptop in a couple of months, would it be possible to move my license there? Are there limitations on how many times this can be done?

I'm asking because I'm hesitant - should I start development on my current machine or wait till I get a new one?
Zdrobot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby gn0me » 02 Feb 2012, 01:33

A little Bump ;)
I have a same dilema as Zdrobot.
Anyone know how it looks ?
| Shiva 1.9.2b2 / Celeron G530 / HD 6770 | Android 4.04 |
gn0me
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Zdrobot » 03 Feb 2012, 19:59

Well, I did a little googling (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Astonetrip.com+migrate), and found this -

License management

Activate or deactivate a computer, migrate a license between two computers. The migration process is unlimited without any time limitation.

You must be logged in to access license management

Here - http://www.stonetrip.com/support.html

Update: also this - http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23136
Zdrobot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Badger » 11 May 2012, 07:00

Hi all, first post.

Getting this thread back on track to the original question regarding licensing - this was the first thread I found regarding de-licensing. I'm having the same problem, my third time in 4 start ups now. Anyhow, it's a known issue apparently, found this after a bit of searching:

http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23714&p=44875&hilit=computer+id#p44875

For interests sake I'm on a not-so-great Toshiba Satellite lappy using a mobile wireless usb dongle (half my problem is there no doubt).

Anyhow I'm off to migrate again!

Cheers.
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby gamescorpion » 11 May 2012, 08:52

Badger wrote:Hi all, first post.

Getting this thread back on track to the original question regarding licensing - this was the first thread I found regarding de-licensing. I'm having the same problem, my third time in 4 start ups now. Anyhow, it's a known issue apparently, found this after a bit of searching:

http://www.stonetrip.com/developer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23714&p=44875&hilit=computer+id#p44875

For interests sake I'm on a not-so-great Toshiba Satellite lappy using a mobile wireless usb dongle (half my problem is there no doubt).

Anyhow I'm off to migrate again!

Cheers.

Hi Badger,

BTW I wrote that post you found, and also as an INTERESTING note, I too am using a TOSHIBA LAPTOP!!

Toshiba Satellite L505, Windows 7 64bit, Intel Dual Core

God Bless!

Nav
Game Scorpion Inc. http://www.gamescorpion.com
Armies of Riddle Collectible Card Game: http://www.ArmiesOfRiddle.com
gamescorpion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby dreamora » 11 May 2012, 09:12

sounds like a case of 'replace the bios battery, it fucks up the system timer due to too low capacity levels'

that or a very bad and cheap time spawner circuitry that simply is incapable of tracking it right.
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby mbaucco » 10 Jul 2012, 20:18

I'm having this problem as well, but I'm not on a Toshiba. I'm working with the Stonetrip tech support folks to see what is causing this problem. In the meantime I am just using the web version since I can install it side by side with the Basic version.
-Matt
mbaucco
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby Jabadoo » 20 Dec 2012, 17:10

Hello,

i have this same problem, i bought basic version yesterday and its asking me the activation key again today. But what i discovered was that its maybe related to my 3D usb-dongle (Huawei E367). I activated Shiva again and then i unplugged my 3D dongle, putted it back in, connected to internet and yes, Shiva is asking me to activate again!

I don't want to go through the activation everytime i start up my computer and connect to internet. Did anybody found solution to this, or do i keep my computer running 24/7? :?
Jabadoo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby broozar » 20 Dec 2012, 22:44

ShiVa generates its Computer Key partly based on the networks adapter, so if it changes frequently, you will have difficulties indeed.

Please give us more information on when the editor de-licenses exactly. Does it help if you leave the dongle connected / plug it in before boot?

PS: i assume you meant 3G, not 3D ;)
broozar
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jabadoo » 21 Dec 2012, 14:37

Thanks for reply,

it doesn't seem to matter if i keep my 3G :wink: dongle plugged in or not. As soon as i shut down or restart my computer, it asks licensing again.
And again it doesn't make any difference if i keep my power cord plugged in outlet or not.

So it seems that everytime it re-initializes the dongle, Shiva sees that as network adapter change, right?

Maybe my only solution is to buy 3G router/modem, share internet connection from there and use RJ45 to connect PCs into router. That way nothing changes on my computer side when rebooting.
Jabadoo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby mbaucco » 21 Dec 2012, 16:21

I've had this problem for a long time and so I'm just using the free version. I don't have any dongles and only one NIC. Hopefully they will get this fixed in the next update
mbaucco
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby dpharaoh » 21 Dec 2012, 16:40

Sometimes this is a problem with non-permanence of your network adapter drivers. It might be re-completing installation every time upon reboot. Maybe try yourself uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling.
dpharaoh
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Installation & Configuration