Home Tutorials Download Beta Store Forum Documentation KnowledgeBase Wiki Blog

ShiVa3D

Return to Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod

problem with in house distrib on iphone 3

iOS Development and xCode questions

problem with in house distrib on iphone 3

Postby Raerk » 03 Aug 2012, 22:48

lhi everyone, i have a little question about the in house distrib on iphone3

i made an app with shiva and i export it with the uat in project for distrib in iphone mode. in xcode i archive it for ios and share it. After, when i put my app on website, i go on my website and i download the app but at the end of the install, i have an error message that say is impossible to complete the install.
i haven t this problem with the ipad version and when i download the app from my ipad, i haven t this problem ( installation is complete and i can run the iphone app )
i try to change some parameters in xcode ( like iphone distrib or universal release in ios3.0) but nothing works :/
is it a problem due to i try to install the app on my iphone 3 and is there a problem with the config in xcode ? everyone have this error?

thanks,
Raerk.
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: problem with in house distrib on iphone 3

Postby redmotion » 04 Aug 2012, 09:22

EDIT: Wrong answer, redmotion!
Last edited by redmotion on 04 Aug 2012, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
redmotion
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Raerk » 04 Aug 2012, 11:15

it s totally possible to distrib an app outside the apple store if you have a compagny account, this distrib is an "in house" distrib. :) for example, in my case i made app for a medical group pasing by the in house ( some documents are confidentials )
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby dreamora » 04 Aug 2012, 15:08

sure you built the app as iphone, not as ipad?
as ipad xib setups will not work on iPhones (while the vice versa works resulting in the 2x upscale box)

you can not change these things in XCode anymore after you generated it from UAT just to be sure. you need to export the proper thing from UAT from the start, cause its only possible to expand iPhone projects to be Universal, but you can't change the xib from iPad back to iPhone

That or you need to follow the steps to create an universal build which can then run on iphone and ipad
I'm no stonetrip representative, just a happy board member like you :)

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Raerk » 04 Aug 2012, 20:50

hi dreamora,
i'm sure to export it in the UAT like a iphone project :) There is 4 month i do the same and it worked on my iphone :/ i will retry soon and i will try to export the app in universal mode
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby NiCoX » 04 Aug 2012, 23:12

Hi,

For info, next UAT will generate universal projects ;)
NiCoX
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Raerk » 07 Aug 2012, 00:43

Hi Nicox,

Thanks, i just made a new test and a friend will try to download it from an iphone 5 (i think it's a problem due to my iphone 3 because when i install the app on my ipad 2, there is no problem and i have a iphone app on ipad )

Wait and see :)
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby Raerk » 07 Aug 2012, 12:50

hi,
I confirm, is possible to install the app on an iphone 4 but the install doesn't work on iphone 3 :/
Finally, it's work (the project must work on new ipod) but i don't understand why it doesn't work on my iphone 3
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby dreamora » 07 Aug 2012, 12:55

There are two options:

1. You require a gyroscope - in that case anything older than the 4th gen and ipad2 is cut
2. You require a newer OS version as deployment target than your iphone 3GS has

3. its in reality no iphone 3 but an iphone 3G - thats the 2nd gen iphone (the 3G stands for the fact that it finally supported 2002+ mobile network technology unlike the first iphone which was 2G only) which is ARMV6 and OpenGL ES 1.1 only, has 35mb RAM to use in an app and 22mb VRAM -> useless and deprecated widely, its hard to impossible to support it

If you find my portfolio interesting, feel free to contact me or follow my shares on my twitter stream or my game development blog
dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Raerk » 07 Aug 2012, 13:18

Thanks Dreamora,

I will check this in the Xcode project :)
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby Raerk » 08 Aug 2012, 22:43

re,

I don't test but i think my problem was due to in the uat opengl es 1.1 is basically check in the UAT so if i understand well, it's normal that it doesn't work on iphone 3 ;)
Thanks for you help, if i have time, i will export a new version without this option and test it :)
Raerk
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby dreamora » 09 Aug 2012, 15:41

If OpenGL ES 1.1 impacts it, its no iPhone 3, its an iPhone 2 actually.
If your other devices are iPads its absolutely worthless for any tests as it is a magnitude slower on anything that requires RAM, CPU or GPU for real.
On top of that it does not run the iOS versions against which you will need to test to be sure things work - there a major deltas betweeen iOS 5 and earlier and with iOS6 this year you will lose the possibility to support it anyway as iOS6 development cuts support to even deploy ARMV6 (pre iPhone 3GS devices) compiled code

dreamora
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Return to Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod